Looking for a delightful treat to enjoy with your morning coffee? Look no further than this Easy Coffee Cake recipe that promises a delectable mix of flavors and a tender crumb. With its rich blend of cinnamon, espresso, and pecans, this coffee cake is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen. The best part? It’s a breeze to make! Seriously, this tastes like you made it from scratch…perfect amount of flavor and not too too sweet!
EASY COFFEE CAKE! Bake at 350°F 40 to 50 minutes! Ingredients: For the Crumble: 2/3 cup yellow cake mix 1 cup brown sugar 1 cup pecans, chopped 1/2 stick melted butter 1 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp espresso powder For the Batter: Remaining yellow cake mix 1 & 1/2 cups sour cream 3 eggs #coffeecake #easyrecipes
EASY Coffee Cake Recipe
For the Crumble:
- 2/3 cup yellow cake mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
For the Batter:
- Remaining yellow cake mix
- 1.5 cups cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare an 8×8 baking dish by greasing it lightly.
- Prepare the Crumble Mixture: In a mixing bowl, combine 2/3 cup yellow cake mix, 1 cup brown sugar, chopped pecans, melted butter, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp espresso powder. Mix these ingredients together until they form a delightful crumble. Set the bowl aside.
- Prepare the Batter: In another bowl, combine the remaining yellow cake mix, 1 & 1/2 cups sour cream, and 3 eggs. Mix these ingredients vigorously until you achieve a smooth and creamy batter.
- Layer the Goodness: Spray or grease the prepared baking dish to prevent sticking. Begin by layering the components in the following order:
- Bake to Perfection: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 40-50 minutes. The coffee cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Let it Rest: Once baked, remove the coffee cake from the oven and let it cool in the baking dish for about 10-15 minutes. This will allow the flavors to settle and the cake to set.
- Serve and Enjoy: Cut the coffee cake into slices and serve it warm or at room temperature. It pairs beautifully with a steaming cup of coffee or your favorite beverage.
- If you’re a fan of nuts, you can enhance the nutty flavor by adding a handful of chopped nuts to the batter itself.
- For an extra touch of indulgence, drizzle a simple glaze made of powdered sugar and milk over the cooled coffee cake.
- Top it with espresso whipped cream: Just blend together with an electric mixer:
- Whipped Espresso Cream:
- 2 cups of cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar ( little more if you like it sweet)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. espresso powder