This banana bread recipe is moist, delicious and SO easy to make! NO mixer required! Just a few simple steps and you are on your way to a crowd pleaser that will drive everyone BANANAS!
What you will need:
- 5 RIPE bananas: the riper the better…those bananas that are sitting in your fruit basket getting blotchy and spotty and black are perfect. The more ripe they are the more moist the banana bread will be. DARK yellow with lots of black spots.
- Semi-sweet chocolate bar: you will need 4 oz.
- Pan: I like to bake in a bundt pan, but you can certainly use a loaf pan as well. Here are a couple options. The baking time is the same regardless.
How to store banana bread:
- Firstly, you need to let your banana bread cool completely before wrapping, storing, or serving
- Store for a few days on the counter, but you have to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and go the extra step of putting in a ziplock or container with a lid
- You can also store in the refrigerator and it will last about 6-8 days
Chunky Monkey Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 bar of semi-sweet chocolate (4 oz.)
- 5 very ripe bananas
- Bakers Joy (to spray loaf or bundt pan) (or butter sprinkled with a little flour)
- combine and whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda (set aside)
- in another bowl for wet ingredients mash the bananas with a fork
- to the same bowl add the softened butter, eggs (pre-whisked) & the brown sugar
- slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- crush a bar of semisweet chocolate, then toss the pieces in a pinch of flour
- . fold the chocolate pieces into the batter
- spray your loaf or bundt pan with A LOT of bakers joy (or grease with butter than flour the pan)
- add batter to pan and bake for 1 hour at 350
- let the bread set in pan for at least 20 minutes than remove
- That’s the monkey business!
My outfits & kitchenware: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
Follow my Tiktok: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMefwxmFY/
Follow my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/melissajorealrecipes/
All about @melissajorealrecipes, you’re favorite Tiktok chef: Hello my friends and welcome to my first ever blog, but not my first ever recipe! I am a home chef who’s been cooking up a party in my kitchen for 20 years for my family and friends. I learned the love of cooking from my family; mostly my mother and grandmother. I am of Italian descent and food is love. I began sharing my recipes as a Tiktok Chef and quickly gained millions of views and tons of followers due to my FLAVORFUL easy, quick recipes! My followers and fans absolutely love my easy chicken recipes, weeknight dinners, and of course, my Italian food! My recipes are tried and true and will surely become family loved in your household as well! I will show you how to prepare a meal in one minute and most of my recipes only take about 15-30 minutes to prepare! I am so happy you are here! Welcome to the BOOM!