Tiktok Viral Chicken Paprika as a one pot meal! This oven baked one pot chicken paprika and rice meal has captured the attention of millions on Tiktok and Instagram and for good reason! It’s a one pot chicken dinner that will bring everyone running to the dinner table! It’s quick, easy, and absolutely delicious.
Follow my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
Other Family Meals you will LOVE!
Buffalo Mac & Cheese: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/buffalo-chicken-mac-cheese/
Chicken Creamy Fettuccine: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-creamy-fettucine/
One Pot Chicken & Mushroom Rice: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/one-pot-chicken-mushroom-rice/
Chicken Enchiladas: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-enchiladas/
Pork Milanese with Arugula Salad: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/pork-milanese-with-arugula-salad/
This dish is:
- Easy to prepare (the prep time is about 10-15 minutes)
- DELICIOUS and FULL of flavor
- Made in ONE POT! One pan dinners are simply the BEST because you don’t have to clean the kitchen all night. Everything is prepared in one pot and the clean up is quick and easy just like the preparation for this dish.
- Made with delicious fresh ingredients that are most likely already in your kitchen right now! All of the ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store.
- Affordable! All of the ingredients are reasonably priced, but no one will know! That’s just how delicious it is!
What you will need:
- bone-in skin on chicken thighs: they are so versatile and full of flavor and healthy fats. Chicken thighs are very forgiving and easy to prepare without worrying that you will ruin your dinner if you’re a beginner cook
- Uncooked white rice: steer clear of brown rice for this recipe because the proportions are different and it takes longer to cook. Any white rice will work. I used long grain rice, but medium grain, jasmine, or short grain rice will work nicely as well. Do not use specialty rices such as risotto
- Seasonings: you will need smoked paprika as well as regular paprika for this dish. SInce regular paprika is very mild in flavor the smoked paprika is a must! It takes this dish to a whole other level. Also you’ll need an Italian seasoning blend, dried parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Cookware- you’ll need to use a pan with high sides that can go stovetop to oven. I will link the pan I use here: https://amzn.to/3qneieC
- If you do not have a stovetop to oven pan you can transfer the dish into a baking dish and cover it very tightly with a lid or heavy duty aluminum foil to get the same result.
- DO NOT replace the chicken thighs with chicken breasts. The cooking time is different and breasts just do not offer enough delicious fats to cook your vegetables that this dish deserves!
- You can sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese over top of this dish when serving for an extra zing of flavor.
- A lovely side dish to serve with this meal is steamed green beans drizzled with a little butter and fresh lemon. Delicious!
- All of the ingredients in this dish should be stocked in your kitchen at all times, you can change out the flavors with different spices. It’s like your own little meal kit that’s ready to go at any time!
Melissa jo Real Recipes
4-5 chicken thighs skin-on bone-in
1 cup of rice (long grain white rice)
1 & ½ cups of water & 1 tsp of Better than Bouillon Base
- OR- 1 & ½ cups of chicken stock
1 stalk of celery chopped
4 green onions chopped (white and green parts)
1 large yellow onion chopped
4-5 cloves of garlic chopped
½ red pepper chopped
2 tbsp of tomato paste
1 tsp of italian seasoning
1 tsp of paprika
Salt & pepper to taste
Fats for pan:
1-2 tbsp of canola oil
Seasoning for chicken rub:
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of smoked paprika
1 tsp of parsley
Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chicken thighs should be room temperature and patted dry of any moisture. Season your chicken with the seasonings for chicken rub. Let them settle into the chicken about 5 minutes before browning.
- Chop up all of the vegetables into small pieces. Mince your garlic.
- Add canola or vegetable oil to a skillet with high sides (oven safe skillet) and brown the chicken starting with the skin side down first. Brown about 5 minutes per side and don’t mess with it! Leave it to get nice and crispy.
- Remove the chicken once browned and add all of the vegetables into the same skillet. Add the garlic once the other vegetables are about half way through cooking (once the onions are translucent) saute all of the veggies until they are golden.
- Next add the rest of the seasoning and the tomato paste. Saute a few minutes.
- Add the Better than Bouillon and saute another minute. Then add the water and the rice. Bring to a boil. (If you don’t have Better than bouillon then substitute 1 & ½ cups of chicken stock in place of the bouillon and water)
- Once the dish is boiling add the chicken on top of the mixture and all of the juices (drippings)that settled into the plate.
- Cover with an oven safe lid and pop into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and fluff up the rice with a fork.
- If you want crispy skin chicken then remove the chicken from the dish and add separately back into the oven for about 2-3 minutes on broil
- Serve and enjoy the most delicious dinner!