Here’s the most delicious recipe featuring my macaroni & cheese sauce, my husband’s lobster recipe and a whole lotta love and deliciousness! We make this lobster macaroni and cheese when our oldest son heads back to college. It’s his favorite meal along with a delicious pan seared steak! But, that’s coming soon. Make THIS and I promise you that you will LOVE and make on all your special occasions!
Other Meals you will LOVE!
Garlic Butter Lobster Tails: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/garlic-butter-lobster-tails/
Grandma’s Macaroni and Cheese: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/the-best-baked-macaroni-cheese/
One Pot Meal: Chicken and Mushroom RIce: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/dinner/one-pot-chicken-mushroom-rice/
Oven Roasted Garlic Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipe/juicy-oven-roasted-garlic-chicken/
Follow my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
Tip & Tricks:
- Lobster Tails: Buy lobster tails between 5-6 oz. a tail. That way the quality and texture of the meat will be perfect. I used 3 lobster tails n my recipe. If you buy frozen lobsters defrost in a bowl of cold water with a few pieces of ice. Use a bowl on top of the lobsters to push the tails into the water while they defrost.
- remove the tails from the meat of the lobster by prying open with your fingers and removing
- Pasta Water: once you remove the meat from the lobster tails, boil the shells in a pot of boiling water. You will use the same water to boil the pasta after you remove the shells.
- Cheese: exchange out the cheeses with whichever you like; but do NOT skip the Velveeta! The oozy gooey Velveeta make this dish out of this world. Fun Fact: my grandma and my family just recently added the other cheeses to this dish. We originally made this with only Velveeta. Both recipes are amazing.
- Macaroni: Use whichever noodles you like; lately we have been loving the Cavatappi no.87 by De Cecco. That is what we used for this recipe.
- Wine: Use any white wine as long as you would drink it! We used chardonnay. Specifically, I used St. Michelle
- Layering: Like your outfits, layer the noodles and the cheese. Take the extra step to build this dish: pasta-cheese-pasta-panko-cheese- and repeat! You’ll see the benefits with the final product.
- Reheating: add into a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until gold and bubbly.
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
The BEST Lobster Macaroni & Cheese
- 4 tbsp. of flour
- salt & pepper
- 1 stick of butter (salted)
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- sharp cheddar Velveeta (about 20-25 oz. of a 32 oz. block)
- 1 cup of mixed shredded cheeses: I used Sargento 4 cheese Mexican Blend which is a combination of cheddar, Monterey Jack, Asadero, Queso Quesadilla
- 1/4 cup of Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 3 1/2- 4 cups of milk (use the full 4 cups if needed)
- 1 cup of shredded cheese again (for layering)
- 2-4 tbsp. of pecorino Romano for layering
- 1/4 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 lobster tails (5-6 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- preheat the oven to 350
- remove the lobster meat from the lobster tails and set the meats aside to reach room temperature (pat the tails dry of any moisture)
- boil a large pot of water and add in the shells of the lobster tails (boil for about 15 minutes)
- remove the tails and then discard
- boil the noodles until al dente IN THE WATER you boiled the lobster shells in
- on medium heat melt a stick of butter in a sauce pan
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add flour
- whisk continuously for about 2-3 minutes
- add wine and whisk another minute
- add milk
- bring to boil; then lower to a simmer. Stir and whisk until slightly thickened.
- add all of the cheeses. Begin with the Velveeta. Then, add shredded cheese. Last, Pecorino Romano. (add 1/4 cup of the Pecorino Romano) (add a little more milk if it’s too thick)
- stir on a low simmer until incorporated and slightly thickened.
- sauté the garlic in olive oil, salt & pepper, and butter at medium to medium high heat for just a minute or so
- deglaze with a 1/4 cup of white wine
- add the lobster meats and sauté until no longer translucent (this does not take long so don’t walk away)
- grease the baking dish using butter or Pam
- layer the baking dish with: Start with the cheese sauce as the bottom layer and continue building. cheese sauce- macaroni- half of the lobster-shredded and grated cheeses-cheese sauce- a sprinkle of panko-more macaroni- the rest of the lobster and all of the pan drippings- more cheese sauce- top with shredded cheese, pecorino, & panko (watch the video to see the exact way I layer)
- Bake uncovered at 350 for about 45 minutes or until gold, browned and bubbly