Looking to whip up a quick and delicious pasta dish? This Pasta Broccolini recipe is just what you need! With a perfect blend of spicy Calabrian chili oil, garlic, and the crisp freshness of broccolini, this pasta dish will become a family favorite. Let’s dive into the ingredients and steps to make this mouthwatering recipe.
Pasta Broccolini 🤩 2 bundles of broccolini (stems cut off) At least 1/4 cup of good extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp of Calabrian chili oil 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper 7-8 cloves of sliced garlic 1 tsp of kosher salt 1 tsp of cracked black pepper 1 lb. of spaghetti 1/2 cup of dry white Italian wine (e.g., Dogajolo Toscano) About 1/4 cup of Pecorino Romano Cheese Salt and pepper to taste Garnish: chopped fresh parsley, basil, and more Pecorino Romano #broccolini #pastarecipe
Best Pasta Broccolini Recipe
- 2 bundles of broccolini stems cut off
- At least 1/4 cup of good extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of Calabrian chili oil
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper
- 7-8 cloves of sliced garlic
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of cracked black pepper
- 1 lb. of spaghetti
- 1/2 cup of dry white Italian wine e.g., Dogajolo Toscano
- About 1/4 cup of Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley basil, and more Pecorino Romano
Prepare the Broccolini:
- Chop off the stems of the broccolini and wash them thoroughly.
Sauté the Broccolini:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add Calabrian chili oil and broccolini. Sauté for about 5 minutes and season with kosher salt.
Prepare the Pasta:
- Start boiling a pot of water and heavily salt it.
- Once boiling, add spaghetti and boil for two minutes less than the box directions indicate.
Enhance the Broccolini:
- Add garlic, crushed red pepper, and cracked black pepper to the broccolini. Sauté for a few more minutes, adjusting olive oil if needed.
Deglaze and Simmer:
- Deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup of white wine. Simmer for 5 minutes, allowing the alcohol to burn off and the broccolini to soften.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water to the skillet and simmer, reducing for a few more minutes.
Combine and Season:
- Add the pasta directly to the pan a couple of minutes before it’s done. Mix it with the other ingredients and let it simmer a bit.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Add the Finishing Touches:
- Turn off the heat and immediately add Pecorino Romano to the pan, tossing to combine.
- Transfer the pasta to a family-sized serving bowl and mix in the broccolini and sauce.
Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, basil, and freshly grated Pecorino Romano.
- Serve with garlic bread for a complete and delightful meal.
- Al dente pasta: Boil the pasta slightly less than the suggested time on the box for that perfect, slightly firm texture.
- Toss before serving: Make sure to mix the pasta and sauce just before serving to retain the flavors.
- Customize the heat: Adjust the spice level by modifying the amount of Calabrian chili oil and crushed red pepper.
- Freshness matters: Use high-quality, fresh ingredients for the best taste.