https://i0.wp.com/melissajorealrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Untitled-design-371.png?fit=1080%2C1080&ssl=1 1080 1080 Melissa Jo https://melissajorealrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Capture-1.png Melissa Jo2023-09-08 00:40:172023-12-06 20:36:59Cheesy Topokki and Noodles
I am so excited that I stepped out of my comfort zone and made a popular Korean street food that’s breaking the internet! I made Cheesy Rose Toppkoki and Noodles in a creamy and cheesy sauce. Toppoki is actually spelled Tteokbokki. Toppoki are Korean Rice Cakes in the shape of little tubes. They are chewy and bouncy and OMG…so so good! They are unbelievable delicious and cooked in a creamy cheesy sauce with noodles, vegetables, cream, and more absolutely the most delicious meal! You absolutely have to try this recipe! Follow along! It’s easier than you may think and comes together in 20 minutes!
Cheesy Toppoki and Noodles Recipe
Indulge in the latest Korean street food trend with Cheesy Rose Tteokbokki and Noodles. Quick, creamy, and bursting with flavor, this dish features chewy Korean rice cakes in a cheesy sauce with noodles and veggies. Try this trending sensation—it's easier than you think, ready in just 20 minutes!
- 1 pack of Chef Kim’s Rose Cheese Toppoki there are two servings in the pack…use both in this recipe
- use both seasoning packets and both packets of toppoki
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 2-3 cloves of sliced garlic
- 1/4 of an onion cut in half and sliced
- 2-3 stalks of green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup of sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste about 1/2 tsp of each
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp of gochujang Korean chili paste
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 pack of Ramen noodles but don’t use the seasoning packet within the packaging
- about 5 oz of fresh mozzarella sliced I used 8 slices
- 3 hard boiled eggs sliced in half lengthwise
- garnish: green onions chopped parsley, and 1 fresh chopped red chili pepper
- Heat up oil in a pan with high sides at high heat.
- Add the green onions, sliced onion, garlic, and mushrooms to the pan and saute at high heat until they start to soften.
- Then, add the soy sauce, chili powder, and fish sauce to the pan and saute at high heat for a couple minutes.
- Next, add the gochujang to the pan and sauté while moving with your wooden spoon continuously for a another couple minutes.
- Add a cup of water and a cup of cream to the pan and bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Add both seasoning packets to the pan and mix in.
- Add the Toppokki, or Korean rice cakes, to the pan and mix in. Then, add the ramen noodles to the pan. I crack the noodles in half before adding. Cover the pan and allow the noodles and Toppoki to cook at medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and add the fresh mozzarella on top of the dish. Cover again and cook at medium to high heat again another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts into the sauce. Uncover and mix together the contents of the dish.
- Top the dish with the hard boiled eggs, parsley, chopped green onions, and chopped red chili pepper for garnish.
- Serve it up and ENJOY the most delicious dish ever!! You will LOVE!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!