These were such a fun recipe to make and you really can’t mess them up! All you need is some potatoes, shredded chicken, cheese, and any veggies you like to make the most delicious summertime chicken potato cakes! They are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside and absolutely delicious served with a garlic aioli! You can serve these chicken potatoes’ cakes on top of a fresh salad, on a brioche bun, or alone…either way DELICIOUS!
AMAZING Meals you’ll LOVE!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/uncategorized/creamy-garlic-parmesan-chicken/
Beer Battered Fish and Chips: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/uncategorized/beer-battered-fish-chips/
Follow me on my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
Tips and Tricks:
Chicken Breast w/rib: In order to save money I bought 2 chicken breasts with rib. You will get the same result in your dish whether you buy breasts or breasts with rib. Here’s the trick to boiling chicken breast.
- Bring water to a rolling boil and then drop in the chicken breast. Boil vigorously for 3 minutes. Then drop the heat lower to about a simmer and boil for another 7-10 minutes until done.
Cheese: I shredded 8 oz. of Colby jack cheese, but you can use any cheese you like or combination of cheese.
- Box Grater: https://amzn.to/3forBHL
Vegetables: You can chop up any vegetables you like and add to this recipe! It’s a no fail dish! Use what’s in season and chop nice and small and add it!
Aioli Sauce: Don’t overthink this…no measurements needed. Just add ABOUT:
- 6 tbsp. of mayo
- minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- fresh parsley
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
Chicken Potato Cake
- 4 potatoes peeled and boiled
- 2 lbs. of chicken breast with rib boiled or baked and shredded
- 1/4 red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup of green onions chopped (whites and greens)
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley chopped (set aside some for the aioli)
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. of mayo
- 8 oz. of Colby jack cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp. of paprika
- 1 tsp. of cayenne
- 1 tbsp. of Adobo seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs (whisked)
- 1-2 cups of Panko
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- boil or bake your chicken until it’s cooked through and shred with two forks or blender
- peel and boil potatoes until fork tender (mash lightly with potato masher)
- chop all of the vegetables & herbs nice and small
- shred the cheese
- combine the potatoes, chicken, vegetables, herbs, cheese, mayo, and seasoning and mix with your hands
- heat up the oil in a pan at about medium to medium high heat
- grab a hunk of the mixture and roll into a ball (the size of a meatball)
- flatten it out into a little patty
- dip in the egg; then cover in the panko
- brown in the pan for about 3-5 minutes per side until golden brown
- once they are done set onto a plate lined with paper towels
- serve on top of a green salad, on a bun, or alone with the aioli sauce