Say goodbye to garlic bread and hello to chimichurri cheese bread! I love me some cheesy garlic bread, but THIS is absolutely unbelievable and better even! I will show you exactly how I make the MOST delicious chimichurri sauce that you can use on steaks, chicken, chops, veggies, and basically anything! BUT, one of the most extraordinary ways to eat it is on cheesy chimichurri bread. SO, let’s do this!
Follow my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
Link to my outfit: https://amzn.to/3jzC9Gd
Check out these EASY & DELICIOUS weeknight meals!
Chicken Ranch Sandwiches: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-ranch-sandwich-recipe/
Oven Baked Parmesan Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/easy-oven-baked-parmesan-chicken/
The BEST Macaroni & Cheese: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/the-best-baked-macaroni-cheese/
One Pot Chicken & Mushroom Rice: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/one-pot-chicken-mushroom-rice/
Cherry Bomb Sliders: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/cherry-bomb-sliders/
Air Fryer Antipasto Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/air-fryer-antipasto-chicken/
Tips & Tricks:
- Parsley: I surely know that everyone favors Italian flat leaf parsley, but I used curly parsley since my grocery was out of flat leaf. And guess what? I am never going back! Curley parsley was so much more fragrant and delicious than when I made this with Italian flat leaf! Try it! You’ll see!
- Garlic Paste: Mash about 12 cloves of garlic with kosher salt with a mortar and pestle. This gives amazing flavor to the chimichurri. Here is the mortar and pestle I use: https://amzn.to/3AlsABw
- Chop chop!: You want the best chimichurri? Then skip the processor and get to chopping! This is why my recipe yields WAY more chimichurri than what is needed for the cheese bread recipe. Save the sauce in the refrigerator in a mason jar and it will last for several weeks. Use it when preparing steaks, veggies, potatoes, chicken, and basically anything!
- Steep: add the crushed red pepper and oregano to 1/2 cup of hot water for at least ten minutes while you’re prepping the parsley. This will greatly enhance the flavors.
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
Chimichurri Sauce & Cheese Bread
- 1 large bunch of curly parsley chopped very small
- 12 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. of dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1 cup of olive oil
- mash the garlic with a pinch of kosher salt using a mortar and pestle (or just a knife) and set aside
- microwave or boil some water on the stovetop. Take it off the heat and add 1/2 cup of hot water to a bowl. Add the oregano & crushed red pepper to the hot water. Let it steep in the water about 10 minutes or more.
- chop the parsley VERY fine
- add the garlic paste to the parsley. Chop it all together.
- In a large bowl:
- add the parsley garlic mixture, the hot water and seasoning mixture, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper
- taste the sauce and add more salt and pepper as needed
- store in a mason jar and use as much as you want when you want!
Chimichurri Cheese Bread
- 1 loaf of Cuban Bread
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1/4 cup of chimichurri sauce
- 2 tbsp. of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 oz. of crumbled Queso Blanco
- cracked black pepper
- preheat oven to 400
- slice open the loaf of bread, but keep it connected at the bottom
- lay the bread over a large sheet of tin foil
- smear the bread with butter, then the chimichurri sauce
- add cracked black pepper
- wrap up the bread and pop into a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes
- take it out and unwrap the tinfoil and open up the bread
- add the mozzarella, Queso Blanco, and more black pepper
- pop back into the oven at 400 but this time unwrapped for 10 more minutes
- slice and enjoy the best bread EVER!