Creamy garlic parmesan chicken is a crowd pleaser! These crispy chicken thighs in a creamy parmesan garlic sauce will be a hit in your household. The method I use for cooking will keep your chicken juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside as it should be. Serve this dish over egg noodles and you have yourself a new family favorite.
Follow my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
Best served with:
Protein, carbohydrates, and fats are all present in this well-rounded dish. All you need is a side of vegetables and you have the perfect weeknight meal. Keep the side dish simple and bright as this dish is full of flavor and will best be served with a simple vegetable. Here are my suggestions for the perfect side dishes to accompany this meal:
- Steamed broccoli drizzled with butter, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and salt and pepper
- Steamed green beans topped with a little butter and squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Garden salad: simply toss together romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and sliced red onion and you have a bright colorful simple garden salad. Top with your favorite prepared dressing or simply whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, peper, juice of one lemon, and fresh garlic. Simple and delicious.
Other Family Meals you will LOVE!
Buffalo Mac & Cheese: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/buffalo-chicken-mac-cheese/
Chicken Creamy Fettuccine: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-creamy-fettucine/
One Pot Chicken & Mushroom Rice: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/one-pot-chicken-mushroom-rice/
Chicken Enchiladas: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-enchiladas/
Pork Milanese with Arugula Salad: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/pork-milanese-with-arugula-salad/
This dish is:
- Easy to prepare (the prep time is about 10-15 minutes)
- DELICIOUS and FULL of flavor
- Made in ONE POT! One pan dinners are simply the BEST because you don’t have to clean the kitchen all night. Everything is prepared in one pot and the clean up is quick and easy just like the preparation for this dish. All you have to do is boil a bag of egg noodles according to the directions on the back of the box or bag.
- Made with delicious fresh ingredients that are most likely already in your kitchen right now! All of the ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store.
- Affordable! All of the ingredients are reasonably priced, but no one will know! That’s just how delicious it is!
What you will need:
- bone-in skin-on chicken thighs: they are so versatile and full of flavor and healthy fats. Chicken thighs are very forgiving and easy to prepare without worrying that you will ruin your dinner if you’re a beginner cook
- Egg Noodles: Prepare a lb or so of egg noodles according to the package directions. You will also need to save a ladle full of the pasta water the egg noodles are boiled in for your sauce. Just simply scoop out some of the pasta water while the noodles are boiling and drop into your dish. OR, you can scoop some into a cup before draining and set it aside until you need it.
- Seasonings: you will need Lawry’s all purpose seasoning, garlic powder, italian seasoning blend, and cracked black pepper. I used about a tablespoon of each seasoning, but you could start with a teaspoon of each and then add more if you like a little more flavor. I did not use any salt because the Lawry’s contains enough salt. However, you could always add a pinch of salt if you need it. Just taste and go! Seasoning: https://amzn.to/3s6C13n
- Pasta water– save a cup or so of the pasta water that you used to boil your egg noodles. Save a cup or so before draining. This is a tasty way to thicken your sauce. This should be a common practice when you’re cooking.
- Cookware- you’ll need to use a pan with high sides that can go stovetop to oven. I will link the pan I use here: https://amzn.to/3wGo
- If you do not have a stovetop to oven pan you can transfer the dish into a baking dish and cover it very tightly with a lid or heavy duty aluminum foil to get the same result.
Printer Friendly Recipe:
- You can replace the chicken thighs with chicken breasts. You may want to consider flouring your chicken breasts before browning and slicing into strips once the entire dish is cooked. You can reduce the amount of time the dish stays in the oven. Instead of 45 minutes reduce by half.
- You can use any type of pasta you like for this dish. Fettuccine, spaghetti, rigatoni, and any other variety works very well.
- Before seasoning the chicken make sure your chicken thighs are room temperature and patted dry of any moisture. Otherwise, your chicken will turn out tough.
- When seasoning the chicken, massage the seasoning all over the chicken even under the skin. You should also allow the seasoning to penetrate the chicken by setting it aside for 30 minutes before cooking.
- You should pat the sun dried tomatoes dry of any excess liquid from the jar before adding to your dish. This will prevent the dish from becoming oily.
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
4-5 chicken thighs skin-on bone-in
1 lb of egg noodles
1 cup of water & 2 tsp of Better than Bouillon Base
- OR- 1 & ½ cups of chicken stock
1 ladle-full of pasta water (about ½ a cup)
1 shallot chopped
1 yellow onion chopped
10 cloves of garlic chopped
3-4 oz of sun dried tomatoes chopped
2 tbsp of flour
1 cup of heavy cream (or half and half)
¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
Chopped fresh italian leaf parsley for garnish
Salt & pepper to taste
Fats for pan:
1 tbsp of canola oil
1-2 tbsp of butter (salted)
Seasoning for chicken rub:
1 tbsp of Italian seasoning
1 tbsp of Lawry’s All purpose seasoning
1 tbsp of garlic powder
Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Begin boiling water for egg noodles. Boil the egg noodles according to the package directions. (You will need to boil the egg noodles before you start your sauce so you have pasta water to add to the dish)
- Chicken thighs should be room temperature and patted dry of any moisture. Season your chicken with the seasonings for chicken rub. Let them settle into the chicken about 30 minutes before browning.
- Chop up all of the vegetables into small pieces. Mince your garlic.
- Add canola or vegetable oil to a skillet with high sides (oven safe skillet) and brown the chicken starting with the skin side down first. Brown about 5 minutes per side and don’t mess with it! Leave it to get nice and crispy.
- Remove the chicken once browned and add all of the vegetables into the same skillet. Add the garlic once the other vegetables are about half way through cooking (once the onions are translucent) saute all of the veggies until they are golden.
- Next add the sun dried tomatoes and saute another minute.
- Add the flour and whisk for about 2-3 minutes nonstop.
- Add the water. Bring to boil then simmer.
- Add the Better than Bouillon, mix it in, and simmer another minute.
- Add the heavy cream. Simmer another minute.
- Add a ladle-full of pasta water (about a ½ cup)
- Add the parmesan cheese. Once the cheese melts into the sauce, turn the heat to low.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and all of the juices.
- Pop the pan into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Bake uncovered.
- Remove from the oven and mix up the sauce.
- Serve the sauce over the egg noodles and top with a piece of the chicken. Garnish each plate with fresh parsley
Tip and tricks:
- You can switch up the seasonings for a new tasting dish with the same measurements. Other delicious combinations are (creole seasoning, lemon pepper, ranch seasoning, and more)
- If your pan/skillet is not oven safe follow the same instructions and then transfer the entire dish into an oven safe baking dish. Cover very tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil and bake at the same temperature and timing.
- You can sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese over top of this dish when serving for an extra zing of flavor.
- A lovely side dish to serve with this meal is steamed green beans drizzled with a little butter and fresh lemon. Delicious!