These are definitely not Italian meatballs, but let me tell you SOMETHING…they are wildly delicious and I promise you that you will LOVE THEM. My husband created these one night when he was starving and we all scoffed at this ingredient list, that is, until we TASTED them! Holy smokes! Secret Ingredient: Crispy Fried Onions! Let’s do this!
Follow my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
More EASY & DELICIOUS recipes!
Honey Bubble Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/honey-bubble-butter-chicken/
Chicken Ranch Sandwiches: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-ranch-sandwich-recipe/
Oven Baked Parmesan Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/easy-oven-baked-parmesan-chicken/
The BEST Macaroni & Cheese: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/the-best-baked-macaroni-cheese/
One Pot Chicken & Mushroom Rice: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/one-pot-chicken-mushroom-rice/
Cherry Bomb Sliders: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/cherry-bomb-sliders/
Air Fryer Antipasto Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/air-fryer-antipasto-chicken/
Tips & Tricks:
- Tin Foil: Line your pan with foil. Makes cleanup a snap!
- Ground Meat: you need 4 lbs. of ground chuck.
- Browning: Brown your meatballs on all sides. Brown at a medium heat so that the meatballs cook almost the whole way through while you are browning. Remember, don’t mess with the meatballs while they are searing. Flip once you see the crust has formed about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Onions: NO! Not raw onions; for this recipe we are using French’s Crispy fried Onions! I PROMISE it’s so GOOD! Here’s the link: https://amzn.to/3B9Ml03
- Sauce: Use a marinara or tomato sauce. Homemade is of course the best, but I love and used Rao’s. Here’s a link: https://amzn.to/3eq60z1
Melissa jo Real Recipes
- 4 lbs. of ground chuck
- 3/4 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of French’s crispy fried onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 12 oz. of tomato or marinara sauce (give or take)
- 1/3 lb. of sliced provolone cheese sliced thin
- whisk the eggs in a bowl
- add the panko, crispy fried onions, garlic, ground meat, salt, and pepper
- mix together with your hands just until incorporated (do not overmix)
- at medium heat brown the meatballs slowly on each side
- remove from the pan once they are brown and sliglty crispy and add to a foil lined baking sheet
- top each meatball with sauce
- add a slice of provolone over each meatball
- set the oven to broil
- broil the meatballs until you see the top browned and bubbling (tiger stripes)
- serve and EAT! and give me a call afterwards…cause I know you’re gonna love em!
Pictures of the process:
If they look like this then they are HALFWAY done. BROWN ALL sides!
This is how much sauce I added to each meatball:
Provolone slices draped over the center: