The ONLY way to serve and baste your lobster tails is with this mouth-watering garlic butter sauce. Your lobster deserves the best and so do you! I will share all of my tricks and tips to grilling the best lobster tails and serving with the best sauce around!
What you will need:
Salted butter: I used 2 and a 1/2 sticks of salted butter
Fresh Parsley: Curly parsley works too, but I used the Italian leaf parsley. I love the Italian leaf parsley because you can chop up the stems and they aren’t bitter. You have to be more careful with the curly parsley.
Garlic: Fresh garlic is always the best, especially when you spend the money to buy large lobster tails. In a pinch, use the minced garlic in the jar.
Crushed Red Pepper: Don’t be afraid of a little heat. The flavor it adds isn’t too spicy, but adds a little zing that the butter sauce serves. About two shakes is all you need.
Lemon: add the juice of a half a lemon directly into the sauce, cut up the other half in quarters to serve with the lobster tails
Lobster Tails: Buy lobster tails between 7-12 oz. a piece. That way the quality and texture of the meat will be perfect. I used about 10-12 oz. lobster tails n my recipe. If you buy frozen lobsters defrost in a bowl of cold water with a few pieces of ice. Use a bowl on top of the lobsters to push the tails into the water while they defrost.
Pan: My favorite pan that goes stove top to oven: https://amzn.to/3ombHSp
Follow my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
Other Meals you will LOVE!
One Pot Meal: Chicken and Mushroom RIce: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/dinner/one-pot-chicken-mushroom-rice/
Oven Roasted Garlic Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipe/juicy-oven-roasted-garlic-chicken/
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
Garlic Butter Sauce and Lobster Tails
- 10-12 oz. lobster tails
- 2 1/2 sticks of salted butter
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1-2 tsp of crushed red pepper (depending on the amount of heat you like)
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of paprika (to season the lobster tails for color)
Directions for sauce:
- at medium heat melt a 1/2 stick of butter in a pan
- add crushed red pepper & garlic powder to the butter (sauté one minute)
- add fresh garlic to pan (sauté 2-3 minutes)
- add 2 more stick of butter (allow to melt fully while stirring)
- squeeze in juice of 1/2 a lemon
- add parsley
- drop heat to low setting and allow flavors to combine and get super flavorful
- pour over lobster tails to baste and serve!
Directions for lobster tails:
- snip the tails with kitchen shears down the middle
- pry apart the shell with fingers & open
- pull out the meat (but leave slightly attached at the bottom of the shell) and lift the meat up and over the top of the shell then separate the meat (butterfly)
- sprinkle paprika over the tails
- set grill at medium high and add the tails (meat side up) cover grill for 10 minutes (close grill)
- after 10 minutes, then baste with garlic butter sauce and flip over and grill for 5 minutes covered
- then flip back over, baste, and grill for 7-10 more minutes (covered)
- at the end check for an internal temperature of 135-140 degrees with thermometer