Are you ready to go to the sunny Mediterranean with a tantalizing Greek Chicken and Tortellini dish? Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with the perfect blend of succulent boneless chicken thighs, savory tortellini, and a burst of Mediterranean flavors. This recipe is not just about cooking; it’s about savoring each bite of goodness. So, let’s dive into the steps and create a meal that’s as delightful to make as it is to eat!
BEST Greek inspired marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs and tortellini! 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (patted dry and at room temperature) Chicken seasoning: 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt, and pepper Marinade: 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, juice and zest of 1 lemon, 3 tbsp white wine vinegar, 2 tbsp dried minced onions, 5 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1 tbsp oregano, salt, and pepper Two 10 oz packages of cheese stuffed tortellini 2 tbsp olive oil (for sautéing) Salt (for pasta water) 3-4 oz feta cheese 4 tbsp sliced Kalamata olives Fresh parsley (for garnish) #chickenthighsrecipes #greekrecipes #marinade
Greek Chicken & Tortellini Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (patted dry and at room temperature)
- Chicken seasoning: 1 tsp smoked paprika 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Marinade: 1 cup extra virgin olive oil juice and zest of 1 lemon, 3 tbsp white wine vinegar, 2 tbsp dried minced onions, 5 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1 tbsp oregano, salt, and pepper
- Two 10 oz packages of cheese stuffed tortellini
- 2 tbsp olive oil for sautéing
- Salt for pasta water
- 3-4 oz feta cheese
- 4 tbsp sliced Kalamata olives
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Seasoning the Chicken: Start by giving your boneless chicken thighs some love. Sprinkle on smoked paprika, oregano, garlic powder, and don’t forget a dash of salt and pepper. Let them chill out and soak up those flavors at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Whipping Up the Marinade: While your chicken is mingling with those savory spices, it’s marinade time! In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, white wine vinegar, dried minced onions, minced garlic, fresh parsley, oregano, and of course, a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside about 1/4 cup of this zesty concoction.
- Chicken Marinade Magic: Now, take those seasoned chicken thighs and let them luxuriate in the rest of the marinade. This is where the flavor party really starts! Cover and pop it into the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes – but if you can resist, overnight is even better!
- Sizzling Chicken Charm: When you’re ready to dive into deliciousness, heat up a pan with a touch of olive oil. Lay those marinated chicken thighs gently into the hot pan and let them sizzle for about 5-7 minutes on each side. Don’t be tempted to fiddle too much; this is where that gorgeous golden-brown finish comes to life. And of course, make sure they’re cooked through and through.
- Tortellini Tango: While the chicken is waltzing in the pan, get your tortellini party started. Boil them up in salted water, then drain. In a separate bowl, toss the cooked tortellini with that reserved marinade you set aside earlier. Can you smell the Mediterranean magic?
- Finishing Touches: Slice up your tantalizingly tasty chicken and place it like a crown jewel on top of the saucy tortellini. Now, let’s make it even more irresistible – crumble that feta cheese over the top, scatter those delightful Kalamata olives, and garnish with fresh parsley. Your masterpiece is complete!
- Let’s Feast: It’s finally time to treat yourself to a plate of absolute bliss. Grab your fork and dive into a symphony of flavors that transport you to the sun-soaked shores of Greece. Each bite is a perfect fusion of succulent chicken, flavorful tortellini, and those delightful Mediterranean notes.
- For maximum flavor, let your chicken marinate overnight. Patience pays off big time!
- Don’t rush the chicken cooking process. A golden-brown finish is worth the wait.
- Feel free to customize with your favorite veggies or herbs – this dish is all about making it your own.
- Craving a lighter version? Opt for whole wheat tortellini and go easy on the feta.