My FRIENDS! This honey bubble chicken is a must TRY! The perfect combination of spice on the chicken coupled with honey, garlic, brown butter, and Tamari sauce make this the most delicious, affordable, and EASY weeknight dinner. Grab some boneless, skinless chicken thighs and let’s do this!
Follow my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
More EASY & DELICIOUS weeknight meals!
Chicken Ranch Sandwiches: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-ranch-sandwich-recipe/
Oven Baked Parmesan Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/easy-oven-baked-parmesan-chicken/
The BEST Macaroni & Cheese: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/the-best-baked-macaroni-cheese/
One Pot Chicken & Mushroom Rice: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/one-pot-chicken-mushroom-rice/
Cherry Bomb Sliders: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/cherry-bomb-sliders/
Air Fryer Antipasto Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/air-fryer-antipasto-chicken/
Tips & Tricks:
- Pan: Use the same pan for the entire dish!
- chicken thighs: Buy boneless skinless chicken thighs. It’s about 2 lbs. when buying 6 thighs.
- Cookware: All you need is a great skillet with high sides. Here’s my favorite that goes stovetop to oven: https://amzn.to/3cqBjZL
- Rice: Here is my basic white rice recipe: (I used jasmine rice)
- to a saucepan add 2 cups of water, 1-2 tbsp. of butter, 1 tsp. of Better Than Bouillon (chicken base), heavy pinch of salt. Then bring it to a boil.
- once it’s boiling add 1 cup of white rice. I used jasmine but medium or long grain white rice works perfectly too.
- cover with a tight fitting lid and lower the heat down to a 2. (on a scale of 1-10)
- leave alone for about 2–25 minutes
- uncover, fluff up, and let sit for about 5-10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Melissa jo Real Recipes
Honey Bubble Chicken
- 2lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp. of chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 3/4 tsp. Cayenne
- 2 shakes of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 packet of Sazon
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 tbsp. of Tamari
- 1 tsp. of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp. of salted butter
- Pat the chicken dry and season with onion & garlic powder, chicken seasoning, black pepper, cayenne, and Sazon. Massage the seasoning into both sides of chicken and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add vegetable and olive oil to a pan and brown the chicken on each side. Don’t mess with it! Sauté about 5 minutes per side or until each side has a brown crust.
- Pop the pan in the oven at 400 degrees and bake for about 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through at 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Remove some of the oil from the pan, but leave about a tsp. of the pan drippings.
- add the butter to the pan (pan is at a medium/high heat)
- add the garlic and sauté about 1-2 minutes. stir continuously.
- add the tamari. Let it bubble and cook for about 1 minute. stir continuously.
- add the honey. Let it bubble, thicken, and reduce for about 3-5 minutes at medium heat. stir continuously.
- add the red pepper flakes.
- add the chicken.
- Serve over white rice and get SAUCY!