Who doesn’t love antipasti or antipasto? Well even more delicious is antipasta salad! This is the perfect recipe for a brunch, holiday, summer’s night, date night, picnic, Anytime! It’s so unbelievably delicious and serve as a side or make it a whole meal! Made with fresh deli meats, mozzarella, provolone, marinated artichoke hearts, rotini pasta, and more! This recipe is a CROWD PLEASER!
Follow my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
Other Dishes you will LOVE!
Deli Macaroni Salad: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/the-best-macaroni-salad/
One Pot Chicken and Mushrooms: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/one-pot-chicken-mushroom-rice/
Chicken Creamy Fettuccine: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-creamy-fettucine/
Chicken Enchiladas: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-enchiladas/
Tips & Tricks:
- Pasta: I used rotini because I love the way the flavors get into the little ridges and curls , but any pasta will work.
- This is one of the few times you won’t want to cook al dente. Pasta for pasta salad should be cooked until tender so just follow the directions on the box.
- After you drain the pasta rinse it with cold water just for a minute to stop the cooking process.
- add a dash of white vinegar and olive oil to the pasta after you drain it. This will give a little flavor and also keep the pasta from tearing when you mix. It gives a little slippiness!
- Dressing: My recipe is simply a base recipe. You have to taste the dressing as you go to make sure it’s just the right flavor for you! Perhaps you like it a little more tart or creamy! It’s your kitchen your rules! =-)
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
Melissa Jo’s Antipasta Salad
- 4 tbsp. of red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove smashed and minced
- 4 tbsp. of mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 3 tbsp. of Pecorino Romano grated cheese
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Dressing How-To: Mix all of the above ingredients except the olive oil. Then, start slowly adding the olive oil and whisking as you add. Taste as you go. Add more or less of the ingredients to make it your own. Example: If it’s too tart add a little more mayo or olive oil. If it’s not tart enough add a little more red wine vinegar. Store this in a mason jar and use about half of the dressing on the salad. Save the rest to drizzle and serve on the side.
- 1 lb. of rotini
- 8 oz. of chopped fresh mozzerella
- 4-6 oz. of chopped fresh provolone
- 1/2 lb. of genoa salami chopped
- 1/4-1/2 lb. of prosciutto chopped
- 2-3 oz. of black olives (rough chop)
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes halved
- fresh basil (handful) chopped
- fresh Italian flatleaf parsley (handful) chopped
- green onions chopped (a few stalks)
- 6 oz. of marinated artichoke hearts chopped (pour a little of the juice into the bowl too)
- 6-7 pepperoncini’s chopped
- 1 tbsp. of white wine vinegar and olive oil to add to the pasta once it’s drained
- Boil the rotini according to the package directions (salt the water)
- While the pasta is boiling chop all of the rest of the ingredients and add to a large bowl. Toss it all together.
- drain the pasta and shock it with cold water to stop the cooking process
- add a splash of olive oil and white wine vinegar to the pasta and toss together
- add the pasta into the large bowl of the other ingredients
- add about half of the dressing or all of it. Make it as creamy as you like!
- store the rest of the unused dressing in a jar with a lid to serve with the salad and drizzle on top
- cover the antipasta salad and chill at LEAST 3 hours and best overnight.
- Serve and ENJOY!