This is a simple, yet delicious meal that will wake up everybody’s taste buds! Hot cherry pepper chicken is so flavorful with a little spicy kick that you can tone up or down. It’s made with hot cherry peppers, onions, chicken breasts, and the perfect blend of spices. If you want juicy, tender chicken breasts with an amazing flavor, read on!
Follow my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
Other Chicken Dinners you will LOVE!
One Pot Chicken and Mushrooms: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/one-pot-chicken-mushroom-rice/
Chicken Creamy Fettuccine: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-creamy-fettucine/
Chicken Enchiladas: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-enchiladas/
Stuffed Chicken Breasts: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/viral-stuffed-chicken-breasts/
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/bacon-wrapped-stuffed-chicken/
Oven Roasted Garlic CHicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/oven-roasted-garlic-chicken/
Tips & Tricks:
- Chicken Breasts: buy chicken cutlets at your grocery since they are already thin pieces. If you can’t find cutlets, purchase chicken breasts and butterfly them before you start preparing. Then use a meat mallet to pound them out evenly, about 1/2 inch in thickness.
- As with all proteins, make sure your chicken cutlets are patted dry of any moisture and at room temperature before preparing. This will result in juicy, moist cutlets.
- When browning, make sure you do NOT move the meat around in the skillet. Let the meat brown in peace! =-) Don’t mess with it! About 5-7 minutes per side.
- Fats: When shallow-frying, use 3 fats. Vegetable or Canola oil and a tbsp or so of butter. The canola oil is so you do not burn your cutlets while frying and the butter is for flavor.
- To hot to handle? If you want to tone down the heat in the dish, then simply replace the hot cherry pepper juice from the recipe with the same quantity of white wine OR chicken stock
- Cookware: this is my favorite skillet to use for nearly everything since it goes from stovetop to oven- https://amzn.to/2PPPpMg
- Hot Cherry Peppers: I bought mine whole so I had to slice them, but I found them on Amazon pre-sliced: https://amzn.to/3wPc3E2
- Best served with: white rice is the perfect side dish for this meal; any vegetable will work well
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
One Pan Hot Cherry Pepper Chicken
- 4 chicken Breasts (cutlets)
- 2 large onions sliced
- 1/2 cup of hot cherry peppers if you buy them pre-sliced
- if you buy them whole about 1 cup (then slice)
- 1/4 cup of hot cherry pepper juice from the jar
- if you desire a less spicy dish then replace the juice with white wine or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- 1 tsp. of Lawry’s all purpose seasoning https://amzn.to/3pblnzF
- 1 tsp. of italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of black pepper
- pound the chicken to about 1/2 inch thickness if you did not buy cutlets
- pat the chicken dry of any moisture and the chicken should be room temperature
- season both sides of the chicken and let it set and marinate about 10 minutes
- brown chicken in skillet with canola and butter for about 7 minutes per side (internal temp of 165)
- remove chicken and set on a plate
- in the same pan, saute the onions; after about 3-5 minutes add the hot cherry peppers (saute together about 3- 5 more minutes)
- deglaze the pan with the hot cherry pepper juice
- allow to simmer about 3-5 minutes
- add the chicken back in the skillet
- serve the chicken topped with teh onion mixture over white rice