https://i0.wp.com/melissajorealrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Untitled-design-345.png?fit=1080%2C1080&ssl=1 1080 1080 Melissa Jo https://melissajorealrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Capture-1.png Melissa Jo2023-08-21 01:47:432023-12-07 01:04:58One Pot Sausage & Rice
Today, I’ve got an unbelievably delicious recipe that’s going to become your weeknight hero – the One-Pot Sausage and Rice extravaganza! This dish is a delightful blend of savory Italian sausage, fluffy rice, and vibrant veggies that’s a breeze to whip up. If you’re looking for an inexpensive no-fuss, maximum-flavor dinner, you’re in for a treat. Let’s dive into the deliciousness!
One Pot Sausage & Rice Recipe
- 5 links of Italian sausage sliced into 1/ 2inch chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked long or medium grain white rice
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- Start by slicing those succulent Italian sausages into hearty 1/2-inch chunks –
- Grab a skillet with high sides and heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Toss in the sausage slices and sauté them until they’re a tempting shade of golden. The sizzling begins!
- Push the sausage slices to the edges of the pan, making room in the center. Add in your diced onion, chopped carrots, diced red bell pepper, and those garlicky bits of joy (6 cloves, to be precise). Sprinkle in the crushed red pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix it all up and sauté until everything is gloriously golden and aromatic.
- It’s tomato time! Add 2 tbsp of tomato paste to the skillet and sauté it with the sausage and veggie medley for about 2 minutes. Those caramelized flavors are developing a happy dance in that pan!
- Then, add 2 cups of long grain or medium grain uncooked rice and sauté with the rest of the contents for about 2-3 minutes before adding water.
- Now, here’s the magic touch: pour in 3 cups of water and let the concoction come to a low, tantalizing boil. The combo of flavors is harmonizing beautifully.
- Cover your skillet with an oven-safe lid and transfer it to a preheated 400°F oven. Let it dance in there for 30-35 minutes until the rice becomes fluffy and your kitchen smells like a gourmet haven.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and let it cool just a tad. Uncover it and let the steam work its magic – patience is rewarded, my friends!
- Armed with a fork, gently fluff up that rice. It’s a satisfying process, trust me. Now, scoop out this flavor-loaded goodness into a family-sized bowl. Drumroll, please!
- To add a final touch of vibrancy, sprinkle a generous amount of freshly chopped parsley on top. It’s not just a garnish; it’s a flavor pop that ties the whole dish together.
- Gather your loved ones, take a moment to appreciate the scrumptious masterpiece before you, and dig in! Each forkful is a ticket to flavor paradise.
- Experiment with different types of sausages for a twist in flavors – spicy sausage, chicken sausage, you name it!
- Feeling cheesy? Grate some Parmesan or sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top before serving.
- Don’t rush the sautéing step; letting those ingredients caramelize adds layers of flavor.
- Craving more veggies? Toss in some peas, corn, or zucchini for an extra burst of color and nutrition.
- This dish cooks in the oven covered tightly at 400 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. So, you will add uncooked rice and it will fluff up and cook in the oven.
- You will need an oven safe pan and lid for this recipe. This is my tired and true! I reach for it nearly every recipe!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!