We’ve all had sliders, BUT not animal style! If you follow me on Tiktok or Instagram you may have because this recipe went viral with millions of views overnight! These are the best sliders I’ve ever had and as the slider queen of Tiktok I can tell you with complete honesty…these are the BEST!
@melissajorealrecipes ♬ Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough (Originally Performed by Michael Jackson) [Instrumental] – Backing Track Central
- Almost all of my recipes call for a stick of butter, but my sliders are never soggy! Here are some tricks:
- Alway begin with layering the cheese first. This prevents the bottom buns from any sogginess.
- When you are finished cooking your sliders use two spatulas to remove them from the baking dish right away. Don’t slice them yet, just remove from the baking dish.
- Bake your sliders and cover with aluminum foil the first half of the cooking time and uncover the last half.
Fun Fact- When I posted this dish, many people thought I got the idea from In & Out Burger. However, I developed this recipe based on my kids’ favorite childhood cartoon, Spongebob! LOL! One of the best krabby patties was the animal style patty!
What you will need:
King’s Hawaiian Rolls or any other dinner rolls that are about 2 inches across. If you use my favorite, King’s Hawaiian Rolls, you’ll need a serrated bread knife to slice them through neatly! Here is an option:https://amzn.to/2RDHOAP
A Pyrex dish about 13×9 inches: https://amzn.to/3tmYXwx
About 1-2 lbs of ground meat. Ground round, chuck, sirloin…any of those will work.
Mustard- The key ingredient to this dish. Good ol’ plain yellow mustard!
Total Cook Time: 35-40 minutes Prep: 10 minutes Servings: 6-8 people Meal:Lunch/Dinner/party/potluck/picnic/gameday
- 1 & ½ lbs ground meat
- chop- 1 large onion (yellow or sweet)
- 1 package of King’s Hawaiin Rolls
- Dill pickle chips (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ lb of sliced muenster cheese
- ¼ lb of sliced cheddar cheese
- About 2-3 tbsp of yellow mustard
- 1 stick of salted butter
- Pam cooking spray
Fats for sauteing onion: 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and 1 tbsp of butter
Secret Sauce- equal parts mayo and yellow mustard (about 2 tbsp of each) and a ½ tsp of cayenne pepper (double ingredients if you want to use some for dipping sauce)
Butter Pour- 1 stick of salted butter, tricolor sesame seeds (or poppy seeds), and black pepper (Tri-Color seeds-https://amzn.to/3shCKPi)
Seasoning for ground beef- 1 tbsp of Lawry’s all purpose seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper to taste (about 1 tsp of each) Lawry’s- https://amzn.to/3dld0go
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine the seasoning into your ground meat (do not over mix)
- Squeeze yellow mustard all over the bottom of the Pyrex and spread & cover the bottom of the Pyrex dish
- Press the ground meat into the bottom of the pan (YES…over the mustard)
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes
- Sauté the onion in vegetable oil and butter until translucent (sprinkle with salt & pepper while cooking)
- Remove from the Pyrex and set aside onto plate carefully (you may want to use two spatulas) and wash the baking dish to begin assembling the sliders OR. If..if you have 2 Pyrex baking dishes you can leave in the dish and assemble the sliders in the other Pyrex (baking dish)
- Use serrated knife to slice open your slider rolls
- Spray your clean baking dish (Pyrex) with Pam cooking spray
- Begin assembling sliders in this order:
- Bottom buns
- Muenster cheese slices
- Flip the meat patty onto the cheese (mustard side up)
- Sauteed onions
- Pickle chips
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Spread the secret sauce onto the inside of the the top buns
- Top your sliders with the top buns
- Melt the butter and add the seasonings (Butter Pour)
- Pour the Butter mixture evenly over the sliders
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes Cover half the time with aluminum foil and then uncover for the last half of the baking time