Spicy barbeque chicken sliders are amazingly delicious! Serve these mini BBQ sandwiches at your next barbeque, block party, holiday, or ANYTIME! Once you serve up these spicy, sweet sliders you’ll be the talk of the party…in a good way! LOL MAKE THEM!
- Always begin with layering the cheese first. This prevents the bottom buns from any sogginess.
- When you are finished cooking your sliders use two spatulas to remove them from the baking dish right away. Don’t slice them yet, just remove from the baking dish.
- Bake your sliders and cover with aluminum foil the first half of the cooking time and uncover the last half.
Follow me on my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
More PARTY Foods & Drinks you will LOVE:
Sliders, Animal Style: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/uncategorized/sliders-animal-style/
Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/dinner/buffalo-chicken-mac-cheese/
Tequila Pitcher Cocktail: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/uncategorized/tequila-pitcher-cocktail/
Chicken Enchiladas: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/dinner/chicken-enchiladas/
Skinny Rum Cocktail: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/drinks/skinny-rum-cocktail/
Watch this video for 5 Party Food Ideas! The recipes are written in the description of the video!
What you will need:
- King’s Hawaiian Rolls or any other dinner rolls that are about 2 inches across. If you use my favorite, King’s Hawaiian Rolls, you’ll need a serrated bread knife to slice them through neatly! Here is an option: https://amzn.to/2RDHOAP
- A Pyrex dish about 13×9 inches: https://amzn.to/3tmYXwx
- Jalapeno: REMOVE the seeds! or it’ll be too spicy AND wear gloves while removing so you don’t burn your eyes out!
- BBQ sauce: I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet & Spicy BBQ sauce. You can substitute your favorite BBQ sauce, though!
- Cheese: My favorite cheese of all time is muenster cheese, but you can replace with another cheese if you’d like. This recipes calls for muenster and cheddar cheese slices.
- Chicken Breast: You need 2 large chicken breasts for this recipe. Here’s the trick to boiling chicken breast.
- Bring water to a rolling boil and then drop in the chicken breast. Boil vigorously for 3 minutes. Then drop the heat lower to about a simmer and boil for another 7-10 minutes until done.
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
Spicy BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 2 large chicken breasts boiled and shredded with 2 forks (or use your fingers like I do)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 package of King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- Dill pickle chips (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ lb. of sliced muenster cheese
- ¼ lb. of sliced cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s sweet & spicy BBQ sauce (I used almost the whole bottle)
- seasoning for chicken mixture: 1 tsp of cayenne, 1 tsp. of garlic powder, salt & pepper
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil and 1 tbsp. of butter (for the pan)
- Butter Topping: (You can pour over half or 3/4 of the butter sauce on the sliders and then leave some to brush over the top once they’re out of the oven)
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 2 shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Sauté the onion & jalapeno in vegetable oil and butter until translucent (sprinkle with salt & pepper while cooking)
- add the garlic powder& cayenne
- add the (pre-cooked) shredded chicken and BBQ sauce to pan (sauté everything together at medium heat for about 5 minutes)
- Use serrated knife to slice open your slider rolls
- Spray your clean baking dish (Pyrex) with Pam cooking spray
- Begin assembling sliders in this order:
- Bottom buns
- Muenster cheese slices
- BBQ chicken mixture
- Pickle chips
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Top your sliders with the top buns
- Melt the butter and add the seasonings (Butter Topping)
- Pour the Butter mixture evenly over the sliders
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes Cover half the time with aluminum foil and then uncover for the last half of the baking time