This macaroni salad is a family recipe that’s been made for many generations and it is ABSOLUTELY delicious! It’s the most requested side whenever we attend a party or host! Made with bright fresh ingredients and elbow noodles. It’s a true crowd pleaser!
Follow my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
Other Dishes you will LOVE!
One Pot Chicken and Mushrooms: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/one-pot-chicken-mushroom-rice/
Chicken Creamy Fettuccine: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-creamy-fettucine/
Chicken Enchiladas: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-enchiladas/
Tips & Tricks:
- Taste Test: as with most recipes you MUST make it your own. Taste as you go! These ratios are what make the perfect macaroni salad to me, but a great rule of thumb is to add a little less of the condiments and seasoning. Then taste! You can always add more if needed.
- Chill: You have to let this macaroni salad chill figuratively and literally. LOL After you mix everything together chill AT LEAST 3 hours. I always make the night before I am going to serve and chill for about 18-24 hours. This allows all of the flavors to blend together AND the dressing to thicken.
- Dressing: The dressing you make will seem a little loose. But rest assured that once you chill (at least 3 hours) it will thicken perfectly into a creamy dressing.
- Serving: When you take it out of the refrigerator to serve; mix thoroughly then add little more mayo if needed.
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
- 1 lb. of elbow noodles
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 tomato diced (try to remove as many seeds as possible)
- Italian flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
- salt, pepper, paprika to taste
- Boil elbows to package directions
- dice up all of the vegetables nice and small
- add all of the listed ingredients to a large bowl
- mix everything thoroughly then add the boiled elbows
- mix everything and TASTE (if you need a little more of this or that add it)
- chill at lest 3 hours (I chill overnight)
- To serve: Mix it up again and add paprika and parsley for garnish