Do you want to bring the best side dish to your next cookout or barbeque? Then, THIS potato salad is what you need to bring! This is the BEST potato salad with the perfect amount of sweet and savory ingredients, so there won’t be a single drop of it left when you bring to the party! Russet potatoes, onion, celery, creole seasoning, eggs, and more! You MUST TRY THIS dish! You’re new favorite potato salad coming up…
Follow me on my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
The cutest off the shoulder top on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3vpZ4bB
More PARTY Foods & Drinks you will LOVE:
Sliders, Animal Style: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/uncategorized/sliders-animal-style/
Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/dinner/buffalo-chicken-mac-cheese/
Tequila Pitcher Cocktail: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/uncategorized/tequila-pitcher-cocktail/
Spicy BBQ Chicken Sliders: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/uncategorized/spicy-barbeque-chicken-sliders/
Skinny Rum Cocktail: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/drinks/skinny-rum-cocktail/
Watch this video for 5 Party Food Ideas! The recipes are written in the description of the video!
Tip & Tricks:
Potatoes: Buy a nice meaty potato like Russett. They hold up the best in a potato salad. Peel and slice your potatoes lengthwise first. Then, hold together the potato and slice 3 times across. This will give you 6 even size pieces. They will get smaller as you fold in the ingredients and they crumble a bit.
Boiling Potatoes: Take the opportunity to season the potatoes with chicken bouillon while they’re boiling. I use a capful of chicken bouillon in my water as it boils. I use this: https://amzn.to/34ieliK
- Boiling chopped potatoes: Start the potatoes in a large pot of cool water. Bring to a boil. Then, boil the potatoes about 10 minutes or until they are easily pierced with a knife.
Eggs: Boil one egg per potato PLUS 1 for garnish.
- Boiling Eggs: To achieve a bright yellow yolk and delicious egg whites. Start the eggs off in cool water in a single layer in a pot. Then, bring to a boil and once they are vigorously boiling allow to boil for about 2-3 minutes. Then turn off the heat and cover the eggs and let them sit on the stove for about 10 minutes. Then, either peel immediately (this makes for the easiest peeling) OR drop in cold water until you are ready to peel. (This keeps the yolk yellow)
Seasoning: You will need only 3 seasonings: paprika, pepper, and Creole seasoning. I LOVE Tony Chachere’s. It’s the absolute BEST! If you haven’t tried; you MUST: https://amzn.to/3vuB5s8
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
Spicy BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 6 russet potatoes
- 7 hard boiled eggs (set one adised of garnish)
- 1 cup of Mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp. of yellow mustard
- 2 stalks of celery (finely chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup of sweet salad cubes (drain the juice out); if you can’t find you can use sweet relish
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. of creole seasoning https://amzn.to/3vuB5s8
- paprika- for garnish
- add salt if needed, if you are using Tony’s it contains salt and you may not need
- 1 capful or about 3 tbsp. of bouillon powder
- Peel and chop potatoes into 6 even size pieces, then boil potatoes until fork tender
- Hard boil the eggs
- in a large bowl, make the dressing. Combine:
- Creole seasoning
- sweet salad cubes
- salt (if needed)
- TASTE the sauce and adjust the seasoning & sauces as needed)
- Drain the potatoes and set aside while you are making the sauce so they are a bit cooler
- Add the potatoes to the bowl containing the sauce
- add the celery
- add the onion
- add the eggs chopped into small pieces
- fold in the ingredients with a spatula combining everything together
- TASTE the potato salad…if you need to adjust with more mayo, mustard, or seasoning: do it now.
- Place into refrigerator covered overnight
- Garnish with a sliced hard boiled egg and paprika
- Serve and ENJOY!