The BEST Chicken Cutlets
This is the BEST chicken cutlet recipe. The crispy, juicy chicken breast is so unbelievably flavorful with the perfect combination of crunchy outside and moist and juicy inside. This will be the new “forever” way you will make your cutlets!
AMAZING Meals you’ll LOVE!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/uncategorized/creamy-garlic-parmesan-chicken/
Beer Battered Fish and Chips: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/uncategorized/beer-battered-fish-chips/
Best served with:
These cutlets are truly delicious served with most anything; however here are some of my favorite side dishes to accompany the cutlets:
- Simple buttery mashed potatoes
- Boiled red potatoes topped with butter, fresh parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Spaghetti with marinara topped with grated parmesan cheese
- I love to serve with a beautiful peppery arugula salad
- A tossed garden salad
- Or any green vegetable steamed and drizzled with butter and fresh lemon (broccoli, steamed spinach, and asparagus are great)
Follow me on my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
What you will need:
- Chicken breasts: buy chicken cutlets at your grocery since they are already thin pieces. If you can’t find cutlets, purchase chicken breasts and butterfly them before you start preparing.
- Bread crumbs: You can make your own; or buy from the store. I use a combination of Italian breadcrumbs and Panko. Equal parts of each.
- Cheese: Parmesan and Pecorino Romano both work in this recipe; however I much prefer the stronger zing of delicious Pecorino Romano. For best results freshly grate the cheese.
- Cook ware: A skillet, this is my favorite to use for nearly everything since it goes from stovetop to oven- https://amzn.to/2PPPpMg
- Box Grater- https://amzn.to/3dccfGt
- When shallow-frying, use 3 fats. Vegetable or Canola oil, a drop of olive oil, and a tbsp of butter. The canola oil is so you do not burn your cutlets while frying and the olive oil and butter are for flavor.
- As with all proteins, make sure your chicken cutlets are patted dry of any moisture and at room temperature before preparing. This will result in juicy moist breaded cutlets.
- WHen browning, make sure you do NOT move the meat around in the skillet. Let the meat brown in peace! =-) Don’t mess with it! About 5-7 minutes per side.
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes Prep: Prep about 15 minutes Cook on stovetop: about 10–15 minutes Servings: 4-6 people Meal: Brunch/Lunch/Dinner
· 4-6 chicken cutlets/scallopini (or buy chicken breasts and butterfly)
· 2- 3 eggs (add a splash of milk to your egg wash)
· 1 cup of flour (all purpose)
· ½ cup of italian breadcrumbs
· ½ cup of panko breadcrumbs
· 2oz of Block Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
· 1 lemon
· salt & pepper to taste
· 2 tbsp of canola or vegetable oil, 1 tsp of olive oil, 1-2 tbsp of butter (slated)
- Clean your cutlets, pat them dry, and make sure they are room temperature. Then use parchment paper underneath and on top of the chicken cutlets and pound them out with a meat mallet or anything that can flatten the meat (rolling pin, muddle, bottle of wine) (about ¼ inch thick)
- Make an assembly line to dredge your cutlets in this order
- Flour (season with salt and pepper)
- Eggs (whisk and add milk, salt, pepper and pecorino romano cheese)
- Both types of bread crumbs mixed with pecorino romano cheese (about a tbsp) and cracked black pepper & kosher salt
- Dredge your cutlets into the mixtures above in that order while shaking off any excess from the meat after each dip and flip. Make sure the final press into the breadcrumbs is packed and pressed in.
- Set stovetop at medium-high heat and add the canola oil. Then add the olive oil.
- Brown the cutlets on each side at medium heat (about 5-7 minutes each side)
- Add the butter after you flip the chicken once to brown on the other side
- Remove once the cutlets are brown and cooked through
- Quarter a lemon and squeeze fresh lemon on top or serve each cutlet with a slice of lemon for your guests to squeeze on themselves.
Follow me on Tiktok: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMefwxmFY/
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/melissajorealrecipes/
Follow my Amazon Store for all of my outfits and cookware: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo