White Cheddar Cheez-it chicken is the number one requested meal in my house by my children and entire family! It’s a super fun meal that is absolutely delicious. You almost can’t even tell it’s a snack cracker you’re eating as the crispy, crunchy topping with this recipe. The chicken is nice and juicy and moist with a buttery topping with a little zing! A MUST TRY!
Best served with:
- Simple buttery mashed potatoes
- Boiled red potatoes topped with butter, fresh parsley, and salt and pepper.
- White or yellow rice
- Steamed broccoli and cauliflower with butter, salt, and pepper
- A tossed garden salad
- Roasted asparagus
Amazon Store for my cookware and outfits: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
Other Meals you will LOVE!
One Pot Meal: Chicken and Mushroom RIce: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/dinner/one-pot-chicken-mushroom-rice/
Oven Roasted Garlic Chicken: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipe/juicy-oven-roasted-garlic-chicken/
What you will need:
- Chicken breasts: buy chicken breasts and butterfly them. No need to pound them super thin. This recipe works even if you don’t butterfly your chicken breasts.
- Cooking Spray: Pam or any non-stick cooking spray
- Cheez-its: I have made this in many variations, but the original baked snack crackers are used in one of my recipes and the white cheddar in the other
- Parmesan and Pecorino Romano both work in this recipe; however I much prefer the stronger zing of delicious pecorino romano. For best results freshly grate the cheese.
- For the white cheddar cheez it chicken I used monterey jack cheese, but pepper jack is equally delicious
Cookware- You will need a baking dish and a box grater.
Box Grater: https://amzn.to/3g4Pd6s
Melissa jo Real Recipes
White Cheddar Cheez-it Chicken
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- White cheddar cheez-its (about 2 cups)
- 6-7 oz of sour cream
- 1 stick of butter (salted)
- Pam cooking spray
- 2-3 cups of white cheddar cheez-its
- About ¼ cup of Pecorino Romano or Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- About 6 oz. of grated monterey jack cheese
- 1-2 tsp. of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Clean your chicken breasts and butterfly them. You do not have to pound the chicken. They don’t have to be as thin as cutlets.
- Season both sides of the chicken with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Spray a Pyrex or any baking dish with Pam (non-stick spray)
- Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish
- Spread the sour cream generously over each chicken breasts
- Sprinkle the pecorino romano (or parmesan) cheese over the sour cream
- Add the grated cheese over the pecorino romano cheese
- Put the white cheddar cheez-its in a ziplock and crush them with a rolling pin, your fists, a wine bottle, meat mallet,..anything!
- Sprinkle the cheez-it crumbs all over the cheese
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or in the microwave. Then pour it as evenly as possible over the cheez-it crumbs.
- Bake uncovered in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes-1 hour.