EASY and 100% the BEST banana pudding pie! So easy to make and you better believe it’s going to be a sensation at your next event or party! Made with real bananas, cool whip, Nilla wafers, and more yummy ingredients! This will be your new favorite recipe to bring “to the party”!
Follow me on my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
More Foods & Drinks you will LOVE:
Honey-Glazed Pork Chops: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/honey-glazed-pork-chops-rice/
Easy Summer Salmon: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/easy-summer-salmon/
EASY Banana Bread: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dessert/easy-banana-bread-recipe/
The BEST Potato Salad: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/the-best-potato-salad/
Sliders, Animal Style: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/uncategorized/sliders-animal-style/
Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/dinner/buffalo-chicken-mac-cheese/
Tequila Pitcher Cocktail: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/uncategorized/tequila-pitcher-cocktail/
Spicy BBQ Chicken Sliders: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/uncategorized/spicy-barbeque-chicken-sliders/
Skinny Rum Cocktail: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/drinks/skinny-rum-cocktail/
Tips & Tricks:
- Pie Crust: I make my own pie crust with Nilla wafers for this pie, but it isn’t necessary. I highly recommend it, but if you don’t want to take the extra step, buy the Keebler Ready Made Graham cracker crust and just fill and chill! Wafers: https://amzn.to/3yiSB3y
- Pie Plate: https://amzn.to/3wd8Q0o
- Mini Nilla wafers: I bought the mini Nilla wafers to decorate the edges of my pie! It turned out really cute. Also, you can crush some up and sprinkle over your pie.
- Cook Whip: I used the extra creamy version of cool whip, but you can use the regular cool whip, too. Also let it thaw out for about 10 minutes before you begin mixing the ingredients.
- Baking the Pie Crust: It is actually so easy to do! Just remember to cool the pie crust completely; about 1 hour before adding the pie filling.
- Bananas: We are NOT making banana bread so you don’t need super over ripe bananas. Just buy ripened bananas. NOT green, NOT yellow, just yellow with a few black spots. Basically, the kind you would want to eat.
Melissa jo Real Recipes
Banana Pudding Pie
- 6 oz. of Nilla wafers grinded into fine crumbs (about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs)
- 4 oz. of melted butter
- pinch of salt
- 8 oz. tub of cool whip (extra creamy)
- 14oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3.4 oz. small box of instant French vanilla pudding
- 2 cups of crushed Nilla wafers
- 2 bananas sliced (if they are small buy 3 bananas)
- In a food processor grind the Nilla wafers into fine crumbs
- add the melted butter & pinch of salt into the processor and pulse until combined (the crumbs should be evenly dampened)
- Press into the pie plate using the back of a dry measuring cup. Make sure it’s firmly pressed into the pie plate.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes
- Set on a rack and let it cool completely (about 1 hour)
- Once the pie shell is ready to fill, prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, add the cool whip, condensed milk, and box of pudding mix. Use a blender to blend until creamy.
- Then, slice the bananas and add to the filling.
- Next, crush up the Nilla cookies and add to the filling.
- Use a spatula to fold in all of the ingredients until combined.
- Pour the filling into the pie plate. Cover with foil (tent it so it doesn’t lay on top of the pie) and put in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Take out of the freezer when you are ready to serve (let it defrost a bit before serving) and decorate how you like! I used mini wafers, whipped cream, sliced bananas, and Nilla wafer crumbs