https://i0.wp.com/melissajorealrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Untitled-design-373.png?fit=1080%2C1080&ssl=1 1080 1080 Melissa Jo https://melissajorealrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Capture-1.png Melissa Jo2023-09-09 16:03:582023-12-06 20:34:06Crock Pot Shredded Chicken
Crockpot Shredded Chicken Recipe
Are you looking to simplify your weekly meal prep, but you don’t want to sacrifice flavor? Look no further! My Crockpot Chicken Meal Prep recipe is not only incredibly easy but also super delicious. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can have your lunches or dinners for the entire week sorted. Let’s dive into this crockpot easy shredded chicken.
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 10 oz of sour orange marinade @badiaspices
- 1 tbsp of chicken bouillon @knorrs
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of lemon pepper seasoning @lawrysseasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of one 🍊
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4-5 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 onion sliced
- Prep Your Crockpot: Begin by setting your crockpot to the low heat setting. This will allow the chicken to cook slowly, ensuring it becomes tender and flavorful.
- Season the Chicken: Lay your chicken breasts in the crockpot. Sprinkle the garlic powder, lemon pepper seasoning, salt, and pepper evenly over the chicken. These seasonings will infuse your chicken with flavor.
- Marinade Magic: Pour the 10 oz of sour orange marinade over the chicken. This marinade not only imparts a tangy citrus flavor but also tenderizes the meat, making it super juicy.
- Enhance the Flavor: Add a tablespoon of chicken bouillon for an extra punch of savory goodness. You’ll be amazed at how this simple ingredient elevates the taste.
- Liquids: add 1/2 cup of water and Squeeze the juice of one lemon and one orange over the chicken.
- Aromatic Allure: Scatter the chopped garlic and sliced onion over the chicken. These aromatic ingredients will infuse the chicken with rich, savory flavors as they cook.
- Slow Cook to Perfection: Place the lid on your crockpot and let the magic happen. Allow the chicken to cook on low heat for about 6 hours. This slow cooking process ensures that the chicken becomes tender and flavorful, absorbing all the delicious seasonings and marinade.
- Shred and Serve: After 6 hours, your Crockpot Chicken will be tender enough to shred effortlessly. Use two forks to shred the chicken right in the crockpot. Mix it well with the juices and aromatics.
- Enjoy All Week: Now that you have a batch of shredded chicken, you can enjoy it throughout the week. Use it in your favorite wraps, salads, burritos, or try a mason jar salad listed below. The possibilities are endless!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Upside Down Mason Jar Salad with Shredded Chicken
This Upside Down Mason Jar Salad is perfect for those busy days when you want a quick and healthy lunch. It’s not only visually appealing but also a practical way to keep your salad fresh and crisp until you’re ready to dig in. Enjoy your delightful meal prep journey!
- Shredded chicken from the Crockpot Chicken Meal Prep
- 1 mason jar with a tight-fitting lid
- 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite salad dressing
Assorted salad ingredients (choose your favorites, but here are some ideas):
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cucumber slices
- Bell pepper strips
- Sliced carrots
- Red onion rings
- Fresh spinach or mixed greens
- Start with the Dressing: To ensure your salad stays fresh, always begin by adding the dressing to the bottom of the mason jar. This keeps the dressing separate from the greens until you’re ready to enjoy your salad.
- Add the Protein: On top of the dressing, add a generous layer of your shredded chicken. The chicken will soak up some of the dressing, enhancing its flavor.
- Layer the Veggies: Continue layering the mason jar with your chosen salad ingredients. Begin with the heartier vegetables like cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, bell pepper strips, and sliced carrots. These ingredients can handle being in direct contact with the chicken without wilting.
- Leafy Greens on Top: Finish off your mason jar salad by adding a layer of fresh spinach or mixed greens on top of the veggies. These delicate greens will stay crisp and fresh when separated from the dressing and chicken.
- Seal Tightly: Make sure to seal the mason jar with a tight-fitting lid to keep your salad ingredients fresh and crisp. If you’re making multiple jars, repeat the layering process for each one.
- When you’re ready to enjoy your Upside Down Mason Jar Salad with Shredded Chicken, simply:
- Flip and Shake: Remove the mason jar from the fridge. Flip it upside down, so the dressing is now at the top. Give it a good shake to distribute the dressing evenly.
- Pour and Enjoy: Unscrew the lid, pour your salad onto a plate or into a bowl, and savor the delicious combination of flavors. The shredded chicken will add a protein-packed punch to your salad, making it a satisfying and nutritious meal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!