I first had these homemade potato chips when I went to one of my favorite restaurants in Florida, Stonewood Grill! They had homemade Blue cheese balsamic chips on the menu and I instantly fell in love! My husband figured out how to recreate the chips and they are SOOOOOO delicious and surprisingly easy! Homemade chips are SO good and not hard to make at all! You must try!
Follow me on my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
More crowd pleasing party favorites:
Boat Day Taco Dip: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/holiday/boat-day-taco-dip/
Buffalo Mac & Cheese: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/buffalo-chicken-mac-cheese/
Tequila Pitcher Cocktail: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/drinks/tequila-pitcher-cocktail/
Sliders: ANIMAL STYLE: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/sliders-animal-style/
Tips & Tricks:
Mandolin Slicer: This is a great little gadget I bought to make these potato chips! It’s nice and small and adjustable. I used the thinnest level to make these chips! Here’s a link to mine: https://amzn.to/3fdvcJw
Ice Bath: give your potato slices a little ice bath before frying. It will get rid of excess starch and make them so crispy delicious! I leave them in the ice water for about 30 minutes.
No moisture: After there bath give them a little pat pat and dry them off completely with paper towels before frying. Very important for crispy chips!
Potatoes: Use any potato, but we like Yukon Gold for our chips!
Balsamic Glaze: You can make your own glaze, but I used store bought glaze and it’s so delicious! https://amzn.to/3icXANK
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
Blue Cheese Balsamic Chips
- 1-2 cups of vegetable or canola oil
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes
- Blue Cheese crumbles
- Balsamic Glaze
- salt to taste
- slice your potatoes thin with a Mandolin
- place the slices in a bowl filled with ice and water for 30 minutes
- remove and lay out on paper towels and dry off completely
- heat up your oil to 350
- add the potato slices to the hot pan and fry for about 5 minutes or until golden brown
- lay on a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle kosher salt on them while they are still a little greasy
- spray a baking sheet with non stick spray
- then place the chip on the baking sheet and crumble the blue cheese all over
- set oven to broil
- broil the chips and blue cheese just until the cheese is melty (about 1-2 minutes)
- remove and transfer to a plate
- drizzle balsamic glaze all over
- serve and ENJOY!