Easy weeknight Beefaroni, the perfect weeknight meal for the family especially when you have to have dinner on the table quickly on a busy day. My mom used to make this for our family at least once a week back in the day. I remembered how much my sister and I loved Beefaroni night and I wanted to share with you! It’s very affordable, easy to prepare, and is done in the most 30 minutes!
EASY Beefaroni Recipe
- 1.5 lbs. of ground beef I use ground chuck
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 5-7 cloves of garlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp. of Italian seasoning blend.
- Cracked black pepper and salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper
- 1 can of all purpose crushed tomatoes 28 oz.
- about 1 cup of pasta water
- a handful of fresh basil
- about 1/4 cup of Pecorino Romano grated Cheese
- 1 lb. of Rigatoni I use number 27 size
- Add ground beef, chopped onion, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and salt & pepper to a skillet with high sides. Cook on medium heat until the meat is almost cooked through and the onions and translucent.
- In the meantime, boil the rigatoni according to the directions on the back of the box to achieve al dente pasta.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes to the sauce once the ground beef is almost cooked all the way through.
- Bring the contents of the pan to a boil; then lower to a medium low heat and simmer on the stove until the pasta is nearly finished cooking
- Add a ladle full of pasta water (about 1 cup) to the sauce once the pasta is nearly finished cooking and let the sauce simmer until creamy. (about 3-5 minutes)
- Once you achieve the desired consistency add fresh basil and Pecorino Romano to the sauce and mix and simmer another couple minutes.
- Add the pasta directly to the pan and sim together.
- Serve it all up and enjoy!
- Pasta Water! About a cup of pasta water takes this dish from easy to dreamy! When your pasta is nearly finished boiling, grab a ladleful or so and add to the sauce until you get a creamy consistency. Allow the sauce to simmer at least 5 minutes with the pasta water on low.
- My favorite pan to cook with because it’s got high sides AND it goes stovetop to oven. I call him my old faithful: https://amzn.to/3UssB0e
- I use Pecorino Romano cheese for nearly all of my Italian dishes, but parmesan will work as well.
- Serve this dish up with a simple garden salad family style with Italian dressing and fresh bread.
- An Italian Seasoning blend makes life easier and more delicious:https://amzn.to/3UsORqP