Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with a mouthwatering Key Lime Pie recipe that has been passed down through generations in my family. This delightful dessert is not only incredibly delicious but also super easy to make. I’m excited to share my mom’s recipe with you, and I promise you won’t be disappointed. So let’s dive into this zesty and refreshing treat that will leave you craving for more!
EASY Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice I recommend Nellie and Joe’s brand
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 egg yolks
- Begin by preparing the crust. You have two options: either crush graham crackers yourself or use pre-crushed graham cracker crumbs available in stores. Whichever you choose, you’ll need 1 & 1/4 cups of crushed graham crackers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1/3 cup of melted butter. Mix well until the mixture holds together.
- Press the crust mixture into a pie plate, ensuring an even layer at the bottom and up the sides. Pop it into the refrigerator and let it chill for about an hour.
- While the crust is chilling, let’s prepare the filling. In another bowl, combine 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup of key lime juice (I recommend using Nellie and Joe’s for that authentic flavor), the zest of 1/2 lemon, the juice of 1 lemon, and 3 egg yolks. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Once the crust has chilled for an hour, pour the prepared filling into the pie crust, spreading it evenly.
- Bake the pie in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 30 minutes, or until the filling is set and slightly golden on top.
- After baking, let the pie cool for an hour at room temperature. Then, transfer it to the refrigerator and let it chill for an additional 2 hours.
- Once the pie has chilled, it’s time to get creative! You can decorate it with a dollop of whipped cream, lime zest, or even a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs. Let your imagination run wild!
- Finally, slice and serve your tantalizing Key Lime Pie. Share it with your loved ones and watch their faces light up with delight.
- For an extra tangy flavor, you can add a bit more key lime juice or even squeeze in some fresh lime juice.
- To make the crust even more indulgent, consider adding a tablespoon or two of brown sugar for a hint of caramelized sweetness.
- If you’re short on time, you can use a store-bought graham cracker crust as a time-saving alternative.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!