Indulge in the rich flavors of creamy sun-dried tomato ravioli with garlic spinach. Follow my step-by-step recipe to create a mouthwatering Creamy Tuscan Ravioli that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Get ready to experience a medley of flavors with this easy-to-follow recipe. This recipe combines the richness of sun-dried tomatoes, the creaminess of a luscious sauce, and the freshness of spinach. Get ready to treat your palate to a burst of flavors!
Creamy Tuscan Ravioli Recipe
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. oil from a jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 7 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup of julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 4 oz. white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- Basil for garnish
- 1 lb. ravioli cooked al dente in salted water
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt the butter with the sun-dried tomato oil.
- Add the chopped garlic, julienned sun-dried tomatoes, salt, cracked black pepper, and crushed red pepper to the skillet. Sauté until the garlic turns golden and releases its aroma.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for a few minutes to enhance its flavor and develop a rich color.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the fresh lemon juice and white wine. Allow the alcohol to cook off, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the chicken stock and heavy cream, then increase the heat to bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the freshly grated parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese to the skillet, stirring until it melts and incorporates into the sauce.
- Simmer the sauce until it begins to thicken, maintaining a gentle simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the baby spinach and al dente ravioli to the skillet. Let the pasta water drip into the sauce, enhancing its flavor.
- Cover the skillet for approximately one minute, allowing the spinach to wilt and the ravioli to absorb the flavors of the sauce.
- Transfer the creamy sun-dried tomato ravioli to a family-size bowl, garnish with fresh basil leaves, and serve immediately.
For a vegetarian option, you can substitute vegetable stock for chicken stock.
To enhance the flavor, consider adding cooked diced chicken or grilled shrimp.
Customize the spice level by adjusting the amount of crushed red pepper to your preference.
Make sure to cook the ravioli al dente to prevent it from becoming too soft and losing its texture.
Serve the dish with a side salad or garlic bread for a complete meal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!