If you’re on the lookout for a fun, and tasty, NOT boring meal using chicken breast, you’ve hit the jackpot with our Cheddar Bay Chicken Bake recipe. We’re talking about tender chicken breasts, drenched in dreamy Alfredo and zesty marinara sauces, and crowned with the irresistible magic of Red Lobster’s cheddar bay biscuit mix. Can you say YUM?
Cheddar Bay Chicken Bake Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts butterflied
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box of Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuit mix
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded cheese divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- In a skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Season the butterflied chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then sauté them until they achieve a golden brown color. Don’t worry if they’re not fully cooked; they’ll finish in the oven. Set the chicken aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuit mix, cold water, chopped green onions, 1/2 cup of freshly shredded cheese, and a dash of cracked black pepper. Stir until a dough forms, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Alfredo sauce and marinara sauce. This luscious blend will serve as the flavorful foundation for your Cheddar Bay Chicken Bake.
- Take a baking dish and evenly spread the combined Alfredo and marinara sauce, covering the bottom completely.
- Place the sautéed chicken breasts on top of the sauce, arranging them neatly in the dish.
- Now, generously spoon the cheddar bay mixture over the chicken breasts, ensuring even coverage. Watch as the dough transforms into a golden, cheesy crust.
- Sprinkle a 1/4 cup of freshly shredded cheese over the biscuit-covered chicken.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the biscuit topping turns a tempting shade of golden brown.
- Create a delectable glaze by mixing the melted butter and honey. Drizzle this delightful mixture over the cheese-topped chicken breasts.
- Once done, remove the Cheddar Bay Chicken Bake from the oven and allow it to cool slightly before serving.
- The chicken will continue cooking in the oven, so it’s okay if it’s not fully done after sautéing.
- Play around with different cheese combinations for the topping to add your personal touch.
- Consider serving with a fresh side salad to balance out the flavors.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!