Crock Pot chocolate peanut butter cake with a peanut butter DRIZZLE! OMG! This was simply amazing! And ridiculously EASY! All you need is a crock pot, a box of cake mix, and a few pantry ingredients and you got the easiest most delicious dessert for the family! Added bonus it only takes 2 hours in the crock pot and won’t heat up your house in the spring summer months! If you are a peanut butter chocolate lover than this is the recipe for YOU! Let’s make it!
Crockpot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
1 box of Devils Food Cake Mix; you can use the ingredients on the back of the box but here are my substitutions to Make the cake more decadent:
- replace 1 cup of water with one cup of brewed coffee
- replace the oil with one stick of melted butter 8 tbsp
- 3 eggs as usual =-)
- chop up 3-4 Reeses Peanut butter cups into 1/2 inch pieces
- nonstick spray or butter for greasing the crock pot
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. of powdered sugar
- In a large bowl whisk up the box of cake mix, melted butter, 3 eggs, and brewed coffee.
- Chop the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups into 1/2 inch pieces and fold into the mixture. (you can sprinkle a tsp. of flour on the Reeces chunks and mix together before adding if you want them to stay elevated in the cake) otherwise it’ll be more like a crust at the bottom (like I did)
- Spray the crockpot liberally with a nonstick spray.
- Pour in the cake mix, cover the crockpot, and set to high and cook for about 2 hours.
- Once the cake is done make the peanut butter drizzle:
- in a sauce pan add the heavy cream and peanut butter and mix together at low heat just until it’s incorporated. Then, mix in the powdered sugar. Remove from heat once it’s incorporated.
- Then you have 2 options:
- Ice the cake with the peanut butter drizzle fully OR
- do what I did which was cut the cake in chunks and serve with the peanut butter sauce drizzled on top.
- Garnish with whipped cream and halved Reeses Cups! ENJOY! Make IT!
I used a standard size crock pot: 3.5 qts.
I substituted the ingredients on the back of the box to make the cake more decadent, however you can certainly follow the ingredients on the back of the cake box if you’d like!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!