This skinny rum cocktail is simple to make, yet so tasty and very minimal calories. Fresh fruit muddled with a squeeze of lime and a spirit and filler and that is all you need. Take this drink to the beach, on the boat, to the pool, or just drink anytime anywhere. You will absolutely love it!
Follow my Socials:
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/melissa_jo_xo
Low Calorie Skinny Meals:
Skinny Meal Prep for Weight Loss or Maintenance: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/lunch/meal-prep/skinny-meal-prep-for-weight-loss/
Very Berry Light Summer Salad: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/dinner/very-berry-spinach-summer-salad/
That’s Amore Chicken Cacciatore: https://melissajorealrecipes.com/dinner/thats-amore-chicken-cacciatore/
What you will need:
- Bacardi Limon : this product is key to making this drink with it’s citrus flavors like lemon, lime, and grapefruit already infused to make the perfect summer drink.
- Berries: a couple of strawberries is all you need, but I like to throw in a few raspberries too. Cause… why not?
- Fresh Herbs: A few leaves of fresh basil take this drink to another level. Do not skip this step, so fresh and tasty and exactly what this drink needs to make you want to sip sip all day. You can replace it with mint if you’d like, but basil is my favorite.
- Tumbler- I simply use my tumbler with built in straw for this drink, but any cup will do. But, if you’re taking to a pool or beach check this tumbler out:
- Tumbler with straw: https://amzn.to/3xqjNOc
- Muddle: If you don’t have a muddle, all you need is the back of a wooden spoon. That will work just fine, but if you want one check this out: https://amzn.to/3gBY7bO
- You can switch up the measurements, but his drink is meant for a poolside cocktail that will last you a couple hours. Spo, it calls for 2 shots which is 3 oz of liquor. Reduce OR increase the alcohol & filler amount as necessary.
- If you can’t find Bacardi Limon, use regular Bacardi Superior white rum, or ANY white rum works! Just double up on the citrus to give it that citrusy, bright flavor.
- This recipe calls for the juice of a lime, but you can replace it with grapefruit or lemon if you wish.
Melissa Jo Real Recipes
Skinny Rum Pool Cocktail
- 3 oz of Bacardi Limon
- 1 & ¼ cups of Sprite Zero
- 1-2 strawberries
- 1-3 raspberries
- 1-3 leaves of basil
- Juice of ½ a lime (use the other half for garnish)
- Add fruit, basil, and lime juice to the bottom of the glass or tumbler
- Muddle the ingredients together
- Fill the entire tumbler (glass) up with ice
- Add the liquor
- Add the Sprite Zero (or regular Sprite)