So, you made Picadillo and you have leftovers; what to do, what to do? Let’s make Picadillo EMPANADAS night TWO! This recipe is as simple as can be and it’s the PERFECT leftover meal to save you time and money. And added bonus…I am pretty sure your family will like the leftover meal better then the original! All you need are some Empanada Disco Dough found in the freezer section, oil, cheese, and some leftover Picadillo! Oh my word…you are in for a treat! Let’s MAKE IT!
Boys are back! 🙌🏼❤️
LEFTOVERS can be better thean the night before! made empanadas and its so easy! I used my Picadillo recipe @melissajorealrecipes and then the rest is easy! 5 inch Empanada Disco Dough (10 count package) found in frozen section vegetable or canola oil for deep frying (about 2-3 cups) about 4 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese Fry till golden! 🤤 #empanadas #leftoversrecipe
EASY Picadillo Empanadas
- Picadillo https://melissajorealrecipes.com/recipes/dinner/easy-weeknight-picadillo/
- 5 inch Empanada Disco Dough 10 count package found in frozen section
- vegetable or canola oil for deep frying about 2-3 cups
- about 4 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Take out your leftover Picadillo.
- Set the empanada disco dough on the counter for about 45 minutes to defrost.
- Add about 2 tbsp. of picadillo right in the middle of the dough.
- Add, a little sprinkle of mozzarella cheese over the picadillo.
- Fold over the empanadas into half moon shapes and pinch close with your fingers. Then, take the tongs of a fork and crimp the empanadas closed all around the edges.
- In a deep pot add the oil and heat up to about 350-375 degrees. I usually do this without taking the temperature. My trick is to just set the oil at about medium high heat. Take the back of a wooden spoon and put into the oil. If it sizzles around the spoon handle..the oil is ready to go!
- Add the empanadas into the pot. DO NOT overcrowd the pot. I add 2 or 3 empanadas max into my pot. If the oil stops sizzling just raise the temperature to medium high heat.
- Let them get golden and flip a few times until they become golden brown.
- Remove and set on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat! Then EAT! Make it!
Set the package of Empanada Disco dough out on the counter about 45-60 minutes before using.
I fry my empanadas for maximum flavor, but you can bake as well! Set the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with nonstick spray and bake them for about 10-15 minutes or until browned.
Buy Empanada Disco Dough here: Goya Empanada Disco Dough