Looking for a flavorful and satisfying pasta dish that will impress your taste buds? Look no further! Our Roasted Tomato and Artichoke Rigatoni recipe is a delightful combination of roasted cherry tomatoes, tender artichoke hearts, and a savory sauce that coats every rigatoni noodle. This easy-to-make dish will bring a burst of flavors to your table, leaving everyone wanting more. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Roasted Tomato & Artichoke Pasta Recipe
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil divided
- 7 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 shallots divided
- 14 oz. can of artichoke hearts quartered
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 oz. of white wine
- 1/8 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 cup of fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup of grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 3/4 cup pasta water
- 1 lb. of rigatoni boiled al dente
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a sheet pan, combine the cherry tomatoes, 1 sliced shallot, salt, pepper, oregano, and 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Toss them gently to coat everything evenly. Roast in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until the tomatoes are browned and roasted to perfection.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it aside. Reserve about 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
- In a pan with high sides, heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the chopped garlic and 1 sliced shallot until they become fragrant and lightly golden.
- Add the artichoke hearts to the pan and sauté them until they become soft and slightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan by pouring in the fresh lemon juice and white wine. Let it simmer for a minute or two, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Transfer all the roasted tomatoes, including the shallots, from the sheet pan into the pan with the sauce. Add the fresh basil as well. Mix everything gently, combining all the ingredients.
- Pour in the pasta water and simmer the sauce for about 5-7 minutes until it thickens slightly. This will help the sauce cling to the rigatoni.
- Sprinkle the grated Pecorino Romano Cheese into the pan and stir until it melts into the sauce, creating a creamy texture.
- Finally, add the cooked rigatoni to the pan and toss it in the flavorful sauce until each noodle is coated evenly.
- Serve the Roasted Tomato and Artichoke Rigatoni family-style, topped with additional grated Pecorino Romano Cheese and garnish with fresh basil for a pop of color.
Use ripe cherry tomatoes for the best flavor and sweetness when roasting.
Don’t overcook the rigatoni as it will continue to cook slightly when combined with the sauce.
Reserve some pasta water before draining the rigatoni. It can be used to adjust the thickness of the sauce if needed.
Feel free to customize the recipe by adding cooked chicken, shrimp, or vegetables for extra variety.
Pair this dish with a crisp white wine for a complete dining experience.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!