These bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts will be a HIT with your family and friends. A perfect combination of spices on the chicken and stuffed with fresh herbs and cheeses, bacon, and spices that give this a ranch flavor. Out of this world delicious!
Best served with:
This is a beautifully rich dish so all you need is a side of vegetables and potatoes and you have the perfect weeknight meal. Keep the side dishes simple.
Here are my suggestions:
Potatoes: mashed potatoes with a little butter melted over top is perfectly delicious
Steamed broccoli topped with a little butter and squeeze of fresh lemon.
Garden salad: simply toss together romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and sliced red onion and you have a bright colorful simple garden salad. Top with your favorite prepared dressing or simply whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, juice of one lemon, and fresh garlic.
Chicken breasts: purchase chicken breasts from your local grocery store, but not cutlets/ scaloppini. The breasts have to be thick enough to cut open and add the filling.
Bacon: you need about a 16 oz package of bacon.
Bacon bits: you will add bacon bits to your filling. Take 3-4 pieces of bacon and add it to a baking sheet covered in tin foil. You can also add a rack on top if you have one. Bake the bacon at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. This method makes perfectly crisp bacon in a snap! Baking & cooling rack- https://amzn.to/3sG0755
Bacon for wrapping- you will need the rest of the bacon for wrapping the chicken breasts. DO not cook this bacon before wrapping.
Seasonings: When seasoning the chicken, massage the seasoning all over the chicken & inside the breast when you cut the slits to stuff the chicken.. You should also allow the seasoning to penetrate the chicken by setting it aside for 30 minutes before cooking. You do not need to add extra salt (Lawry’s contains salt)
Cookware- you’ll need to use a pan with high sides that can go stovetop to oven. I will link the pan I use here: https://amzn.to/32swlpI
If you don’t have a stovetop to oven pan then you could easily transfer your chicken WITH the juices into a baking dish
A cast iron pan will also work wonderfully and that is stovetop to oven, as well Here’s an option: https://amzn.to/3dxoe1x
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- ½ cup of chopped baby spinach
- ⅓ cup of bacon bits about 3-4 pieces (make according to directions in blog)
- 1 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 tsp. of Complete seasoning
- 1 tbsp. of chopped onion
- 1 tsp. of canola oil only if the bacon doesn’t render enough fat
- 1 tbsp. of Complete seasoning
- 1 & ½ tbsps. of Lawry’s seasoning
- ½ tbsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. of onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chicken breasts should be room temperature and patted dry of any moisture. Season your chicken with the seasonings for chicken rub. Let them settle into the chicken about 30 minutes before browning.
- Cut 3 inch slits into the thickest part of your chicken
- Season the chicken all over and even inside the cavity where you made the slits
- Chop up all of the vegetables & herbs into small pieces.
- Shred the cheese
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the stuffing
- Stuff the chicken breasts
- Wrap the chicken in the bacon. About 3 pieces per chicken breast
- Add chicken to a skillet with high sides (oven safe skillet) and brown the bacon wrapped chicken at about medium (medium high) heat. I only add canola oil if I notice that the bacon is not rendering enough fat. I added about 1 tsp of oil halfway through browning. Brown all sides and don’t mess with it! Leave it to get nice and caramelized.
- Pop the entire pan into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes at 350.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!