This recipe is a twist on baked sweet potatoes that adds the perfect amount of sweet and savory flavors to your sweet potato bake. You only need a few staple ingredients such as butter, pecans, coconut flakes, and fresh ginger to deliciously caramelize your blazed sweet potatoes and really bring out the sweet flavor. The Best Glazed Sweet Potatoes is one of my favorite recipes and I know you guys are going to love it!
Best Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 1 inch piece of peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tsp of cinnamon and another 1/2 tsp. of the topping
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- Firstly, melt 1 stick of butter and pour half of it into a 9 x 13 baking dish
- Then, pulse the the coconut flakes, pecans, cinnamon, and ginger a few times and put the mixture in the butter. Mix together and spread evenly to make a paste at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cut your sweet potatoes in halves and lay them flesh side down into the baking dish
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on the potatoes
- Finally, bake it at 415 degrees for 30 minutes or so
- Use a blender or a food processor to easily crumble up the topping ingredients. You only have to pulse a few times.
- When you are buying the sweet potatoes from the produce section, choose the skinny longer sweet potatoes. Also, try to find sweet potatoes that are as similar in shape as possible so the baking time cooks all of the potatoes evenly.
- Add the potatoes to the baking dish after you add the glazed mixture to the baking sheet flesh side down.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!