These are all time favorite cookies in the entire universe! My mom made the BEST Snowball Christmas Cookies every year and now I do, too! Everyone looks forward to these cookies and as simple as they are; I promise everyone will be waiting for December for you to MAKE IT!
BEST Snowball Christmas Cookies
- 2 sticks of butter softened 1 cup: I use salted butter
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar for the cookies
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 2 & 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 6-8 oz. of chocolate chips
- Mix together BY HAND with a spoon: softened butter, vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar.
- Then, slowly add the all purpose flour and mix in with a spoon. Add about a 1/2 cup of flour at a time until you have incorporated the full 2 & 1/2 cups. You will get a workout in, but don’t give up! =-)
- Add the chocolate chips and fold in with a spoon. (You can add walnuts too if you like)
- Roll the dough into little balls with your hands and place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for only 8-10 minutes MAX!
- While they are baking pour 3-4 cups or more of powdered sugar onto trays. As SOON as you remove the cookies from the oven add them into the powdered sugar tray and bury them into the sugar. The result will be magical!
- These cookies get better each and every day! You should get about 20-24 cookies from each batch.
- Absolutely MAKE IT! Merry Christmas!
- Have trays full of powdered sugar ready to go so you can add the cookies directly out of the oven into the powdered sugar. The result is out of this world!
- When you add the flour, don’t use any type of electric mixer; just add a little at a time and use a spoon to mix mix! It’ll be a workout, but WOrth it!!
- The butter MUST be softened. Just leave the sticks of butter out on the counter for at least an hour before making the recipe.
- You can add walnuts into this recipe as an addition, or even replace the chocolate chips with walnuts.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!