Winner Winner Chicken One Pot DInner! That’s exactly how I started the video that gained 6 million views on Tiktok and countless rave reviews on this dish! It’s a one pot meal that includes chicken thighs, rice, vegetables, herbs, and the perfect blend of seasoning. It is most definitely the best one pot meal around! The chicken is browned to perfection and the sauteed vegetables and herbs add a tremendous flavor to the rice. And guess what’s the best part? YOU MAKE IT ONE PAN! Less clean up, more flavor, and the best dinner in town! Ready to check out the 6 million dollar meal? Let’s do this!
Chicken One Pot Dinner
- 4-5 chicken thighs skin-on bone-in
- 1 cup of rice long grain white rice
- 1 & ½ cups of water & 1 tsp of Better than Bouillon Base OR- 1 & ½ cups of chicken stock
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 red orange, or yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1 packet of Sazon
- Salt & pepper to taste
Fats for pan:
- 1-2 tbsp of canola or olive oil
Seasoning for chicken rub:
- 2 tbsp. of Tony’s Creole
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chicken thighs should be room temperature and patted dry of any moisture. Season your chicken with the seasonings for chicken rub. Let them settle into the chicken about 30 minutes before browning.
- Chop up all of the vegetables into small pieces. Mince your garlic.
- Add canola or olive oil to a skillet with high sides (oven safe skillet) and brown the chicken starting with the skin side down first. Brown about 5 minutes per side and don’t mess with it! Leave it to get nice and crispy.
- Remove the chicken once browned and add all of the vegetables into the same skillet. Add the garlic once the other vegetables are about half way through cooking (once the onions are translucent) saute all of the veggies until they are golden.
- Next add the rest of the seasoning and the tomato paste. Saute a few minutes.
- deglaze the skillet with the white wine
- Then add the chicken stock and the rice. Bring to a boil. (If you don’t have Better than bouillon then substitute 1 & ½ cups of chicken stock in place of the bouillon and water)
- Once the dish is boiling add the chicken on top of the mixture and all of the juices (drippings)that settled into the plate.
- Cover with an oven safe lid and pop into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and fluff up the rice with a fork.
- If you want crispy skin chicken then remove the chicken from the dish and add separately back into the oven for about 2-3 minutes on broil
- Serve and enjoy the most delicious dinner!
- Tony’s Creole: https://amzn.to/3EE8LbC
- Sazon: https://amzn.to/3Cvtrkc
- bone-in skin on chicken thighs: they are so versatile and full of flavor and healthy fats. Chicken thighs are very forgiving and easy to prepare without worrying that you will ruin your dinner if you’re a beginner cook
- Uncooked white rice: steer clear of brown rice for this recipe because the proportions are different and it takes longer to cook. Any white rice will work. I used long grain rice, but medium grain, jasmine, or short grain rice will work nicely as well. Do not use specialty rices such as risotto
- Cookware- you’ll need to use a pan with high sides that can go stovetop to oven. I will link the pan I use here: https://amzn.to/3qneieC
- If you do not have a stovetop to oven pan you can transfer the dish into a baking dish and cover it very tightly with a lid or heavy duty aluminum foil to get the same result.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!