Who can resist a one pot chicken and rice dinner? But, my Cilantro Lime Chicken One Pot Meal is the most irresistible of them all! I have made so many one pot dinners, and this one is so fresh and the chicken is moist flavorful; and the rice is perfectly flavored with the taste of the chicken with a hint of cilantro and lime! It’s made all in one pot so easy clean up and affordable, too! You will love this dinner and so will your family! Let’s MAKE IT!
Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice ONE POT MEAL Recipe
- 4-6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- Chicken seasoning: 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. Adobo seasoning, cracked black pepper, 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Marinade: juice of 2 limes, 4-5 tbsp. of olive oil, 2 tbsp. of red wine vinegar, and 3-4 tbsp. of honey
- 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil
- one chopped onion
- 4-5 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper salt & pepper
- 6 oz. of white wine
- 1 cup of medium or long grain rice
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- juice of 1 lime
- chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Season the chicken thighs with the chicken seasoning blend mentioned in the ingredients section.
- Marinate the chicken thighs for 30-60 minutes with the marinade mentioned in ingredients section.
- Pat the chicken things dry after marinating and brown in a skillet with high sides with olive oil. Brown the chicken about 5 minutes each side or until the chicken is golden brown. The chicken will cook all the way through in the oven so only cook until browned and glazed. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet at medium/medium high heat add more olive oil if needed and saute the onions, chopped garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper until golden.
- Deglaze the skillet with white wine. Allow the alcohol to burn out for a couple minutes in the pan.
- Add the rice and saute for a minute or so.
- Then add the chicken stock, juice of 1 lime, and chopped cilantro into the skillet. Bring the contents of the skillet to a boil. Then, lower the heat to medium and add the chicken thighs and all of the juices back into the pan.
- Cover the skillet with the lid and immediately add into the oven set to 400 degrees F. for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish the dish with quartered limes and more chopped cilantro! Enjoy! and MAKE IT!
bone-in skin on chicken thighs: they are so versatile and full of flavor and healthy fats. Chicken thighs are very forgiving and easy to prepare without worrying that you will ruin your dinner if you’re a beginner cook
Uncooked white rice: steer clear of brown rice for this recipe because the proportions are different and it takes longer to cook. Any white rice will work. I used long grain rice, but medium grain, jasmine, or short grain rice will work nicely as well. Do not use specialty rices such as risotto
Cookware- you’ll need to use a pan with high sides that can go stovetop to oven. I will link the pan I use here: https://amzn.to/3qneieC
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!