Memorial day is coming quick, so here is an easy cherry cheesecake recipe that is sure to impress! It’s so easy to make and I am going to include the recipe for a thicker or thinner cheesecake! Using simple ingredients such as cream cheese, graham cracker crumbs, butter, eggs, and cans of cherry pie filling. This is the perfect little summer dessert to satisfy your sweet cravings! Let’s make it!
EASY Cherry Cheesecake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 16 oz 8 oz. cream cheese 2 packages, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 42 oz cherry pie filling 2 cans
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×11 inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, and beat until well combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker crust in the baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set and the edges are lightly browned.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Spread the cherry pie filling over the top of the cheesecake.
- Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until set.
- Once set, slice the cheesecake and serve.
I used a 9x 13 inch baking dish for a thin cheesecake; but if you want it thicker follow the same instructions, but use an 8×8 baking dish and 1 can of cherry pie filling. The cheesecake must cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before adding the toppings. Once you add the cherry topping place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set Use any can of pie filing you like for this cheesecake! Or even drizzle over chocolate sauces I used a 9 x 13 size baking dish for a thin cheesecake, but you can use an 8×8 and use only one can of pie filling for a thicker cheesecake.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!