Who doesn’t love a one pot meal? And better yet..one with pasta that’s creamy and dreamy and all things delicious! Creamy chicken pasta is simple to make and affordable too, using boneless skinless chicken thighs, chicken stock, heavy cream, and a few more staples! The chicken thighs give incredible flavor and juiciness so if you don’t regularly use them…try them now! OF course, you can substitute chicken breast, but the thighs just give a little more juice and flavor. So one pot to make and clean up! Let’s make it!
One pot creamy chicken pasta! ❤️ recipe: 1 lb. of rigatoni 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs 2 tbsp. of olive oil 32 oz. reduced sodium chicken stock 4 oz. of white wine such as chardonnay (a wine you would drink) 2 cups heavy cream 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms 4 large handfuls of baby spinach roughly chopped 1/2 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese. 1/2 onion diced 4-5 cloves of minced garlic 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning 1 tsp. of garlic powder 1 tsp. of onion powder 1 tsp. of paprika 2 tsp. of dried basil chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish salt & pepper to taste #onepotpasta #creamychickenpasta
Creamy Chicken Pasta ONE POT MEAL Recipe
- 1 lb. of rigatoni
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 32 oz. reduced sodium chicken stock
- 4 oz. of white wine such as chardonnay a wine you would drink
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 4 large handfuls of baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
- 1/2 onion diced
- 4-5 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 2 tsp. of dried basil
- chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Season the chicken room temperature, chicken thighs with the listed seasonings. Make sure the chicken thighs are dry with no moisture before seasoning. Allow them to marinate 30 minutes before cooking.
- In a stock pot brown the chicken thighs in olive oil until they are browned on each side and cooked through. No pink!
- Remove the chicken thighs and let them rest on a plate while you are cooking the rest of the meal. Slice them on the diagonal before adding them to the pot, after the pasta is done.
- In the same stock pot add the onions and garlic and sauté until golden. Then add the sliced mushrooms and add plenty of salt and pepper and sauté until lightly browned and golden.
- If a little more olive oil is needed add now.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and let the alcohol burn out for a couple minutes.
- Then, add the chicken stock and heavy cream and bring the pot to a boil and cook with the cover off.
- Add 1 lb. of rigatoni pasta and boil until the pasta is al dente.
- Once the pasta is about 5 minutes away from being aldente add the chopped spinach.
- You will notice the liquid has reduced and when this happens and the pasta is done turn the heat off and stir in the Pecorino Romano cheese. Taste and add more cracked black pepper and salt if needed.
- Add 3 of the sliced chicken thighs into the pot and stir. Then, add the pasta to a large bowl.
- The 4th chicken thigh will be placed on top of the dish along with some chopped fresh parsley and cracked black pepper.
- The pasta sauce will thicken as it settles, so let the pasta set for 5 minutes or so before serving.
- Enjoy! Make it!
I used boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe. I love for the juicy and delicious flavor. In this recipe you are cooking the chicken all the way until it’s done in the pot. Chicken thighs are very forgiving, so just brown on each side without moving them around too much for about 5 minutes each side. Then, flip and cook a little more until they are no longer pink.
If you aren’t a fan of chicken thighs, simply substitute with chicken breast.
Dutch Oven: Use a heavy 7 quart Dutch oven to make this dish. This is the Dutch oven I use: https://amzn.to/3e3OG2I