Today, I have a mouthwatering easy moist banana bread recipe that will leave you craving for more. This classic recipe combines the perfect blend of ripe bananas, chocolate chips, and a touch of buttery goodness. Get ready to enjoy a slice of heaven with every bite. Follow my step-by-step instructions below to create a moist and flavorful banana bread that will impress your friends and family.
EASY Moist Banana Bread Recipe
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup softened salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 beaten egg
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Optional: walnuts for added crunch
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a loaf pan with butter. Sprinkle a little sugar on the bottom of the pan for an extra touch of sweetness.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, white sugar, baking soda, and salt. Ensure the dry ingredients are well combined and set the bowl aside.
- In another bowl, mash the ripe bananas using a fork until they form a smooth consistency.
- Add the softened butter to the mashed bananas and gently mix them together, ensuring the butter is evenly incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and the beaten egg into the banana and butter mixture. Mix until the ingredients are fully combined, resulting in a smooth texture.
- In a separate small bowl, toss the chocolate chips in a little bit of flour. This will prevent the chips from sinking to the bottom of the batter during baking.
- Gradually combine the wet and dry ingredients by adding the mashed banana mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients. Carefully fold the mixture together until just combined. Be cautious not to overmix, as this can result in a denser texture.
- Gently fold in the flour-coated chocolate chips. If desired, add a handful of walnuts for an extra nutty flavor and delightful crunch.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, ensuring it is evenly distributed.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes. To test if the bread is done, insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs clinging to it, the bread is ready.
- Once baked, remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Afterward, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
For the best banana bread, use ripe bananas with brown spots on the skin. They are sweeter and provide a more intense banana flavor.
Softened butter is essential for achieving a smooth consistency in the bread. Leave the butter at room temperature for about 30 minutes before using.
Coating the chocolate chips in flour prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the bread during baking, ensuring an even distribution throughout.
Feel free to customize your banana bread by adding chopped walnuts, pecans, or even a sprinkle of cinnamon for a delightful twist.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!