When Cajun meets Italian love is in the air! The perfect combination of Cajun ingredients and Italian ingredients and its a match made in stuffed chicken thighs heaven! Let’s not forget that this is prepped in 15 minutes and baked in the oven so you can do other things like fold clothes, pack lunches, or a much better option relax! LOL The mix of cajun and Italian ingredients make for a dinner everyone will be running to the table to enjoy! Let’s make it!
Stuffed Chicken Thighs
- 4-6 bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 8 oz. of cream cheese room temperature
- 4 big handfuls of chopped baby spinach
- 4 stalks of chopped green onions
- 5-7 leaves of chopped basil
- 4-5 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 oz of chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tbsp. of Tony’s Creole seasoning. If you like it less spicy then 1/2 tbsp. of Tony’s Creole
- salt & cracked black pepper to taste Start with 1 tbsp. of each
- add a tsp. of olive oil to the bottom of the baking dish and spread over the bottom. Add in your chicken thighs. (room temperature; patted dry)
- In a bowl add the cream cheese. spinach, basil, green onions, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, and Tony’s Creole seasoning. Mix it all together with s spoon.
- Peel back the skin from one side (keep the other side of skin attached) of the chicken and scoop in big heaping spoonfuls of stuffing on the chicken thigh. This amount of stuffing will work for 6 chicken thighs, too. They will just be a little less puffy! Then, fold the skin back over the stuffing.
- Drizzle lot’s of olive oil over the chicken and season with cracked black pepper and salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F. for 50 minutes – 60 minutes. Or until the skin is nice and crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over mashed potatoes and scoop up the juice from the bottom of the pan and spoon it over the chicken and potatoes.
- A nice family garden salad would be a great vegetable side for this to round out the meal.
- Enjoy the best easiest meal! =-)
As with all proteins, make sure your chicken thighs are patted dry of any moisture and at room temperature before preparing. This will result in juicy moist chicken thighs.
Cookware: I used the cutest 8×8 black and white pattern medallion baking dish: baking dish
The main seasoning is Tony’s Creole! Here is a link if you can’t find by you: https://amzn.to/3Xiq4XF
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!