These Tiktok viral stuffed chicken breasts will be a HIT with your family and friends. Within 24 hours of me posting on Tiktok I had over a million views and everyone who’s tried them has given rave reviews! A perfect combination of spices on the chicken and stuffed with fresh herbs and cheeses. I promise you this is a crowd pleaser!
Best served with:
This is a beautifully rich dish so all you need is a side of vegetables and potatoes and you have the perfect weeknight meal. Keep the side dishes simple and bright.
Here are my suggestions:
- Potatoes: The pan drippings from baking the chicken will drizzle beautifully over some mashed potatoes and add tremendous flavor.
- Vegetable options:
- Steamed green beans topped with a little butter and squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Garden salad: simply toss together romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and sliced red onion and you have a bright colorful simple garden salad. Top with your favorite prepared dressing or simply whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, juice of one lemon, and fresh garlic.
Viral Stuffed Chicken
- 4-5 chicken breasts
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- ½ cup of chopped baby spinach
- ½ cup of fresh chopped italian flat-leaf parsley
- 4 oz of sun dried tomatoes chopped blot away excess oil
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 tsp of italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
Fats for pan:
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- 1 tbsp of butter salted
Seasoning for chicken rub:
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 & ½ tbsp of Tony’s Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chicken breasts should be room temperature and patted dry of any moisture. Season your chicken with the seasonings for chicken rub. Let them settle into the chicken about 30 minutes before browning.
- Cut 3 inch slits into the thickest part of your chicken
- Season the chicken all over and even inside the cavity where you made the slits
- Chop up all of the vegetables & herbs into small pieces.
- Shred the mozzarella
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the stuffing
- Stuff the chicken breasts
- Close the chicken OR secure it closed with toothpicks or skewers
- Add canola & butter to a skillet with high sides (oven safe skillet) and brown the chicken at about medium (medium high) heat. Brown about 5 minutes per side and don’t mess with it! Leave it to get nice and caramelized.
- Pop the entire pan into the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes at 350.
- Chicken breasts: purchase chicken breasts from your local grocery store, but not cutlets/ scallopini. The breasts have to be thick enough to cut open and add the filling.
- Toothpicks or skewers: You can skip this step, but I like to make sure that all of the yummy stuffing stays put when I brown and then bake the chicken. Simple toothpicks are what I used, but skewers are commonly used for this dish.
- Sun Dried tomatoes: they are generally packed in oil, make sure you blot away the oil before adding to the stuffing
- Cream Cheese: This should be at room temperature so it’s easier to stir in the ingredients to make the stuffing
- Seasonings: When seasoning the chicken, massage the seasoning all over the chicken & inside the breast when you cut the slits to stuff the chicken.. You should also allow the seasoning to penetrate the chicken by setting it aside for 30 minutes before cooking. You do not need to add extra salt (Tony’s contains salt)
- I LOVE Tony’s Creole Seasoning, it makes this dish. If you can’t find it where you live here’s a link: https://amzn.to/2QyIVRL
- Cookware- you’ll need to use a pan with high sides that can go stovetop to oven. I will link the pan I use here: https://amzn.to/32swlpI
- If you don’t have a stovetop to oven pan then you could easily transfer your chicken WITH the juices into a baking dish
- A cast iron pan will also work wonderfully and that is stovetop to oven, as well Here’s an option: https://amzn.to/3dxoe1x