I love an easy dessert, but I love even more a delicious melt in your mouth dessert! This 3 ingredient lemon cake is absolutely luscious, lemony, fluffy, and DIVINE! You would NEVER know it’s only 3 ingredients. Perfect summer dessert to serve after Sunday dinner or a special back to school weeknight dessert! You MUST try it to believe it!
3 Ingredient Luscious Lemon Cake
- 16 oz. box of angel food cake mix
- 21 oz. can of lemon crème pie filling
- zest of 1 lemon
- add the cake mix and pie filling to a mixing bowl and mix with a spoon just until combined (about 3 minutes)
- add zest of 1/2 a lemon to the batter and mix until combined (about 1 minute)
- spray the baking dish with non stick spray or grease with butter
- add the batter into the baking dish and make it even
- bake at 350 for 20 minutes
- remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with powdered sugar using a fine mesh strainer (or you can skip this step)
- let it cool at least 20 minutes
- slice and serve the cake with a dollop of whipped cream and more lemon zest for garnish
- Powdered Sugar: While you are letting the cake rest, sprinkle the powdered sugar over the cake with a fine mesh strainer : https://amzn.to/2XvjeVN
- it’ll melt into the cake while it’s cooling and make it extra delicious
- Lemon Zest: zest a whole lemon. Use half in the cake and the other half use as a garnish when you serve each slice.
- Serve with: Serve with a dollop of cool whip or whipped cream and add lemon zest over top the whipped cream. Magnificent!
- Mix: Mix with a simple spoon. Start in the center of the bowl, making small circles in the middle so the cake mix doesn’t get all over the place. As it combines start making larger circles with the spoon until it is all combined! It only takes about 3 minutes to combine.
- Cookware: Bake in a 9 x 13 Pyrex or baking dish: https://amzn.to/3jVn3Ls