If someone were to tell me that a five ingredient cake/cobbler could taste this good…I would not believe them! But trust me…this is probably the best dessert I have ever made…and I made a LOT of desserts. It’s made with frozen berries…blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries and the best part is it’s even better when they are frozen berries! Just grab a box of white cake mix and a few extra ingredients and let’s make it!
BEST 5 Ingredient Berry Cobbler Recipe
- 6 cups of frozen berries I used a combination of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries from Costco
- nonstick spray
- 1 box of white cake mix
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 stick of butter cut into thin pats squares
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch
- Spray a 7.6 x 10.6 baking dish with nonstick spray and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the berries into the baking dish.(do not defrost the berries)
- squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the berries.
- Add the cornstarch into the baking dish and then mix all of the ingredients up until you can’t see the white of the cornstarch anymore.
- Sprinkle white cake mix over the berries and even it out with your hands.
- Place the pats of butter over the cake as evenly as you can to cover most of the cake mix. (Do not mix)
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 1 hour or until golden and bubbly.
- Now try not to eat half the cake by yourself like I did! LOL Make it!!!
Do NOT thaw the berries! It makes the cobbler even better when you add the berries frozen directly into the baking dish! I used a combination of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. I bought from Costco.
Use a 7.6 x 10.6 size baking dish: my patterned baking dish
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!