The perfect appetizer for the holidays or any day is Fig & Pecan Brie en Croute! It’s made with just a few simple ingredients such as: fig preserves, pecans, puff pastry and just a few extra pantry items. I am including a step by step video for you to view and once you see it, you’ll notice the only difficult thing about this recipe is how to pronounce the name!
Fig & Pecan Brie en Croute
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 TBSP. all purpose flour
- 4-5 tbsp of fig preserves
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 13 oz. wheel of Brie
- egg wash 1 egg + tsp water
- Serve with crackers bread, grapes, etc
- Thaw the pastry at least 30 minutes before using
- Roll it out to make a little wider and longer
- Snip off corners OF puff pastry
- Add about 4-5 tbsp of fig preserves into the center of the puff pastry then spread it out to make it a thinner layer
- add 1/2 cup crushed pecans in the center
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries in the center
- add 13 oz. wheel of Brie on top of the pecans & cranberries
- wrap the puff pastry up like a little gift around the wheel of brie
- Brush with egg wash (1 egg + tsp water)
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes
- Let rest 40 minutes
- Serve and enjoy! Serve with crackers, bread, grapes, etc
- When working with puff pastry let the sheet of pastry set on the counter for about 20 minutes so it’s more pliable.
- Add a little flour on the board to roll out the dough a bit before prepping the dish. This will prevent the pastry dough from sticking to the board.
- Resist the temptation of cutting directly into the pastry after removing from the oven. Let it rest for 30 minutes at least before serving so the pastry sets up.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!