With food prices sky rocketing, it’s time to get a little crafty and save money without sacrificing flavor. Boston Butt roast is an affordable cut of pork and it packs a delicious juicy punch when slow roasted! So, let’s make 1 Boston Butt Roast for 2 Dinners; and nobody will get bored of the same recipe two nights in a row because each recipe is very different! You’ll need a Boston Butt Roast and few pantry staples. Let’s go!
Food prices are crazy! So here’s a delicious two for one! 💰✨⬇️ Ingredients: 2-3 lb. Boston Butt Roast 1 lemon 1 onion 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil 8-10 cloves of garlic sliced into slivers 1 tbsp. of Adobo seasoning 1 packet of Sazon seasoning cracked black pepper Night 2: BBQ sauce ( I used honey chipotle, but your favorite flavor is best), brioche buns, 2-3 tbsp. of butter, and banana peppers *** cover the baking dish very tightly with aluminum foil as soon as you’re done prepping and bake in the oven at 300°F for 3 to 4 hours! #BostonButtRoast #BudgetMeals #EasyWeeknightMeal #MakeIt
Boston Butt Roast Recipe
- 2-3 lb. Boston Butt Roast
- 1 lemon
- 1 onion
- 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 8-10 cloves of garlic sliced into slivers
- 1 tbsp. of Adobo seasoning
- 1 packet of Sazon seasoning
- cracked black pepper
- Night 2: BBQ sauce I used honey chipotle, but your favorite flavor is best, brioche buns, 2-3 tbsp. of butter, and banana peppers
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Place Boston Butt Roast in a baking dish and make sure the pork is patted dry of any moisture and room temperature before prepping.
- Cut little holes in the roast with a knife all over the front and back of the roast. Nestle the slivers of garlic into the holes you created and into any of the nooks and crannies already in the roast.
- Add half of the seasoning and olive oil on one side of the roast and massage in. Then, flip over the roast fatty side up and season the second side and massage it all in.
- Slice up one onion and scatter on top. (the fatty side should be facing up)
- Squeeze over the juice of 1 lemon and then quarter the lemon and add to the baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil and add into the oven at 300 degrees F. and cook about 3-4 hours or until he roast is very moist and almost falls apart.
- Serve this roast up over white rice and spoon over the juices on top of the rice and the pork. Serve with a side salad night one! Enjoy!
- Slice and shred up the leftover roast.
- Add the shredded pork into a bowl and add BBQ sauce to the bowl and mix it all together until incorporated.
- Toast up brioche buns. To toast add a pat of butter to a pan at medium heat. Once the butter melts a bit add the buns and cook until the buns are browned. This only takes a couple minutes.
- Add the Bbq pork mixture to the buns with some banana peppers , pickles, or whatever topping you like!
- Serve and enjoy!
- The trick to making a juicy and moist Boston Butt Roast is to make sure it’s room temperature and patted dry of any moisture before even prepping. Then season, seal tightly, and pop in the oven for an amazing result.
- Crockpot directions: Follow the same steps, but pop in the crockpot for about 5-6 hours on low. Easy!
- Flip the Boston Butt Roast fatty side up when roasting or in the crockpot. This way the fat seeps down into the meat for the juiciest results.