I love Asian inspired dishes from my favorite hibachi restaurants, so I thought why not bring it home in the air fryer? This air fryer hibachi meal prep is so delicious and easy with the flavors like sesame oil, Tamari, rice vinegar and more! It’s a must try!
Check out 2 more Delicious Meal Prep Videos:
Here are some pics of the dish before it went in the air fryer:
Here are the products that I used in my recipe:
Air Fryer Hibachi Meal Prep
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 a red onion cut into half slices
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 8 oz. of baby bella mushrooms quartered
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 zucchinis quartered
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/8 of a cup of soy sauce
- 1/8 of a cup of Tamari
- 1 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. of garlic powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Yum Yum sauce
- cut your chicken breasts into chunks
- add the chicken and all of the listed ingredients to a large bowl minus the yum yum sauce
- DO NOT add the yum yum sauce to the bowl that is for dipping afterwards
- add all of the ingredients into your air fryer
- if you have a smaller air fryer than cook in two batches so you do not over crowd the pan
- Set your air fryer to 380 and cook for 20 minutes
- shake the basket halfway through at the 10 minute mark
- then cook for 2-4 minutes at 400 to brown the dish
- serve with the yum yum sauce!
- Mushrooms: Dampen a paper towel and wipe down your mushrooms before you quarter them. You can use any mushrooms, but I used baby bellas in this recipe.
- Sauce: I used all of the sauce in my recipe, but next time I would reserve a quarter cup of the sauce and drizzle it on top of the dish once it comes out of the air fryer! Bellisimo!
- Vegetables: Quarter your vegetables so they are about the same size as the hibachi, not too small! EXCEPT for the carrots; make sure they are sliced in rounds nice and thin.
- Tamari: Tamari is a darker more umami flavor than soy sauce, however if you can’t find it no biggie; just substitute soy sauce!
- I have a large air fryer that holds 6.3 quarts: https://amzn.to/3cjdrae