Are you craving the deliciousness of pizza but looking for a healthier twist? Look no further! My Healthy Mexican Pizza recipe is a burst of flavors, packed with nutrient-rich ingredients that will satisfy your cravings guilt-free. This recipe offers a creative take on the classic pizza, incorporating a variety of wholesome elements to create a truly satisfying and delicious dish.
Healthy Mexican Pizza Recipe
- 1 can of black beans drained completely
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper chopped
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tbsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Cholula hot sauce
- 2 large tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp taco sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 roll of pizza dough
- Begin by preparing the tomato mixture. In a bowl, mix together the diced tomatoes, jalapeño, 1 clove of minced garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set this mixture aside to allow the flavors to meld.
- Take the drained black beans and place them in a separate bowl. Add 2 tsp of Cholula hot sauce and use a fork to mash the beans to your desired consistency.
- To the mashed black beans, add the cumin, chili powder, chopped red onions, chopped yellow pepper, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix these ingredients together until well combined. Your flavorful bean mixture is now ready.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- On a non-stick baking sheet, roll out your pizza crust. If you’re using pre-made dough like Pillsbury pizza dough, this step will be a breeze.
- Using a pastry brush, spread 2 tbsp of taco sauce evenly over the surface of the pizza crust, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Gently spoon the prepared bean mixture onto the taco sauce-covered crust. With the back of the spoon, carefully spread the bean mixture, ensuring an even distribution while still leaving that border intact.
- Now, evenly sprinkle the tomato mixture over the bean layer, followed by the shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese.
- To add an extra kick of flavor and color, sprinkle the chopped green onions and your choice of cilantro or parsley over the cheese.
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted to a gooey perfection.
- Once baked, remove the Mexican pizza from the oven and allow it to rest for about 5 minutes. This allows the flavors to meld and makes slicing easier.
- Cut your pizza into slices, serve, and savor every bite of this delightful and health-conscious Mexican pizza creation.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!