- Looking for a mouthwatering, hassle-free recipe that combines the convenience of a crockpot with the incredible flavors of Latin American cuisine? Look no further! In this recipe, I’ll show you how to create a delectable dish of Crock Pot Vaca Frita using tender flank steak, zesty orange juice, tangy lime juice, aromatic garlic, and a medley of sliced onions and green peppers.
- Get ready to savor every bite!To make this yummy Crock Pot Vaca Frita, begin by marinating a seasoned flank steak with a mixture of orange juice, lime juice, and minced garlic. Allow the flavors to infuse by slow cooking the steak in a crockpot on low heat for 6-8 hours, until the meat is fall-apart tender. Once cooked, remove the steak from the crockpot and shred it using two forks.
- After you’ve slow cooked the beef, in a separate pan, add the shredded flank steak to the pan and pan-fry it until it develops a deliciously crispy exterior. The combination of the tender, flavorful meat with the caramelized onions and peppers creates a combination of tastes and textures that will leave you craving more.
- For a complete meal, serve your Crock Pot Vaca Frita over a bed of fluffy white rice. The contrast between the crispy steak and the soft rice is simply irresistible. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice to elevate the flavors even further. This dish pairs perfectly with a side of black beans or a refreshing avocado salad.
- Why Use a Crockpot? Utilizing a crockpot for the initial slow cooking of the flank steak allows the meat to become incredibly tender and infused with the citrusy flavors. This method also saves you time and effort in the kitchen, as the crockpot does all the work while you attend to other tasks.
- Cookware: I used a 7 qt Crock pot to make this recipe: My Crock pot link
Link to my romper: https://amzn.to/43aWd7n
Crock Pot Vaca Frita Recipe
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- Fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Place the flank steak in the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper (at least 1 tsp. of each)
- Add the sliced onion, green bell pepper, minced garlic, orange juice, lime juice, ground cumin, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and vegetable oil to the slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours, or until the flank steak is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the flank steak from the slow cooker and shred it using two forks.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the shredded beef. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned and crispy.
- Serve the Vaca Frita with rice, beans, or your favorite side dishes, garnished with fresh cilantro. Make it!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!